Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone work with someone like this?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

There is a girl I work with. Grant it, we only have meet each others acquaintance at lunch time, but God, she's a right pain in the backside. At the start, I just thought it was me, but it isn't. I've slowly come to realise that others feel exactly the same away about her too.

Firstly, she thinks she's brilliant. We have to hear every minuate of her daily life. I actually know more about her personal life than about those of my own family members.

She'll ask you a question & befoer you get a chance to answer it, she'll regale you with details of her own life.

If you look and say 'the sky is grey', she'll say 'it isn't, I see a hint of blue'. I'm over simplifying it, but what I'm saying is: she has to have the last word on everything.

If you say you hear that the government are cutting the wages of architects (again I'm simplifying ), she'll know an architect that's been affected; or a nurse; or a doctor; or a teacher.

We all just sit and nod and agree. Also, she can be quite cutting and saracastic. We've all come to the end of our rope.

Anyone else have the misfortune of having a colleague like this?

I'm actually at the stage where I'm willing lunch time to end, so I can get back to my desk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Don't talk to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Yep. Headphones and a music player are a good defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Just 4 more minutes buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Eat your luch at your desk? I need some quiet time when I eat so I do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Next time she opens her mouth, place a hand on her tit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

I don't actually strike up conversation with her. One day the other four people sat there and didn't say a word and she just went on and on.

Also, it is frowned upon if we eat at our desks, so to go to the kitchen is commonplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Yeah, I worked with a wanker like that.

Take the mick outta her.
    Works well enough.
    People like her ususally can't stand that happening to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

stovelid wrote: »
    or stick your tongue down her throat. that would be funny.

stovelid wrote: »

Am not that way inclined, sorry hahah ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

UpCork wrote: »
    I'm actually at the stage where I'm willing lunch time to end, so I can get back to my desk.

:eek: she must be done away with post haste!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I think this is one of those girls that is easily dealt with, with a good ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i think i KNOW this girl.. or a girl very similar anyway. wrecks my head. friends with her because shes friends with friends..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

sar84 wrote: »
    i think i KNOW this girl.. or a girl very similar anyway. wrecks my head. friends with her because shes friends with friends..

I think we all know someone like this!

We all felt like decking her before Christmas, then after Christmas it was a bit better, but back on form again now. Arrrgh. And this isn't female bitchiness, it's fact, she's a right royal pain in the backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Link her to this topic and stop being so two faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

I hardly think venting here is being two faced. Also, I'm not saying anything that is untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

make up proposterous stories for her to out do you. and let everyone that eats with ye know, so ye can have a laugh at her new better story.
    Have a laugh at her expense every day at lunch.

I remember this guy in work and we were talking about climbing craogh patrick in your bare feet. but this guy actually claimed he knew a guy that climbed it on his knees......wtf?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I hardly think venting here is being two faced. Also, I'm not saying anything that is untrue.

Well you just nod and agree when facing her, but otherwise you've quite the opposite attitude. Sounds like two facedness to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

So now that you have assassinated her character and made yourself look like a whinging pup in a public forum do you feel any happier?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

make up proposterous stories for her to out do you. and let everyone that eats with ye know, so ye can have a laugh at her new better story.
    Have a laugh at her expense every day at lunch.

I remember this guy in work and we were talking about climbing craogh patrick in your bare feet. but this guy actually claimed he knew a guy that climbed it on his knees......wtf?????

Yes, that's the kinda person I'm on about.

I'm thinking of doing what you say: not making up stories, but just exaggerating the going out at the weekend, or the other things we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

hang on. so you don't actually literally work with this woman, yet you can't tell her she annoys you, and you're venting on her because of that?

tell her to eff off tomorrow. then eat her sandwich. then carry on with your life and freshly enjoyable future lunch breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Am not that way inclined, sorry hahah ;)

That's why it'd be funnier. Nothing better than an awkward silence. And if I'm right any silence will be golden for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's more annoying is working with someone who just talks non-f*cking-stop.

I used to work with this chap who would ask you a question just so that it would give him an opportunity to give his own thoughts on the matter. He would just keep talking for about 15 minutes, and you don't get to participate in the conversation, you just get to observe and take in the information.

It is bloody annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

have a guy like that here.. and what a b*llsh*tter! Apparently was abroad on hols and (not naming the country) helped foreign police nab a crim that had eluded them for years. They paid for his dinner and beer for the night in thanks for catching the crook.

Pure Famous Five stuff! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

maybe she just feels uncomfortable if there silence (there is ppl like this) and just talks constantly coz she is nervous! r maybe she makes up these elabrote stories coz she wants to be popular and wants ppl to talk to her/like her, cud just be a condfindance thing (r lack of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

I work with someone like this.. I cant stand her:mad:

Everything has to be about her, she even belittles the lady that comes in to make the tea (she's in her 80's and does it to get out of her house for a couple of hours each day) I stopped going on break on the days she's after she came crashing through the kitchen door while everyone was eating their toast with the opening statement.... My daughter done a POO yesterday!!!
    Two words... time and place

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

Lots of people are like that, they dont bother me as I usually sit in company I like, no one knows what other people are truly going through and everyone has problems, be a bit nicer to her in your mind and accept her for who she is, she'll realise soon enough that her behaviour is not making her too many friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Punch her in the head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Also, it is frowned upon if we eat at our desks, so to go to the kitchen is commonplace.

Spend an hour having your tits bored off or be frowned upon? Hardly any choice at all really.

Advertisement