Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Fitting

Options
  • 23-01-2009 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm a noobie who just joined up..

have a quick question, the bathroom in the house has seen better days and is in dire need of an upgrade, i've never done bathroom renovations myself and to be honest, wouldnt trust my self with a spanner and flowing water (i'll flood the house)

right, my question is simple, how much SHOULD i be looking to pay in the region of for the following:

1. Removal of old suite (that is sink, bathtub and toilet)
    2. Fitting of new suite (sink, bathtub and toilet) - which I will go out and buy myself
    3. Tiling of the entire bathroom

I do have a budget and dont want to spend too much, also, can anyone recommend the best place to purchase bathroom suites? i know b and q have a sale on at the moment, but is there anywhere else i should shop around in?

I have put an advert in adverts.ie as well regarding a price, but would like to know your past experiences and recommendations!

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

All depends on what size your bathroom is, for the tiles... Dublin Builders Old Kilmainham Road, Dublin 8. I bought from them a few years back and found then to be quite good. If you take your old bathroom suite to your nearest dump or council recycling centre, won't cost that much.
    Are you going to fit the new suite yourself?

Advertisement