Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Concert Hall seating

Options
  • 14-04-2014 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Planning on going to the NCH.ie to hear the film scores in May, but was wondering if there's a guide for what seats would be better to be in, and why? Also, are the stalls on a level floor, or is there a slope?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, has any hard of hearing people used the "personal loop system"? Would it be better to use it, or not to use it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rhapsody

About half of stalls are on the flat but it starts to slope up from about L or M I think. I wouldn't recommend sitting in rows A to about E, all you will see are the feet of the musicians. The choir balcony is the cheapest but- unsurprisingly- the seats are very uncomfortable. I actually like the side balconies because I like to be close & see everything. I've been a few rows back in the yellow balcony & the sound was great, that might depend on the concert though. When you go to the booking page with seating chart and click on a seat, it shows you the view from that particular seat.
    I don't know about the loop system I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

rhapsody wrote: »
    When you go to the booking page with seating chart and click on a seat, it shows you the view from that particular seat.
    Such a good idea! Wish more places did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

what seats would be better to be in, and why?

The Dear ones of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

I have been going there for years and the acoustics can vary depending on where you are sitting .

I was once told by someone supposedly in the know that the best seats are rows KLM in the stalls and after much trial and error I have found it to be true. And they even have a handy mnemonic to help you remember :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ouzie peg

Just wondering if anyone knows if Row F in the Yellow Balcony is good for viewing the Stage in the National Concert Hall. Was going to take my daughter to see the Wizard of Oz and these tickets are available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Unfortunately, the seats are in rag order these days. Pot luck whether you get a decent one or are sitting on collapsed upholstery with the frame cutting into you. Seriously in need of refurbishment. If there are spares, try a few around you - some are in better shape than others. But all well passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I was in row K last night (Bartok & Bruch sandwiched between two Strauss symphonic poems). Still a bit low to the ground, I might want to be a bit further back next time. I couldn't even see the horn section, but I could definitely hear them - when they kicked in, it was like a herd of wildebeest trampling the string section. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

bnt wrote: »
    I was in row K last night (Bartok & Bruch sandwiched between two Strauss symphonic poems). Still a bit low to the ground, I might want to be a bit further back next time. I couldn't even see the horn section, but I could definitely hear them - when they kicked in, it was like a herd of wildebeest trampling the string section. :rolleyes:

Was listening from abroad on the RTE player, hope the live experience was as good as the radio one :)

Advertisement