Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water treatment for hard water

Options
  • 10-03-2014 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Hi all

We live in Meath and need to get a water softener installed as we have such a problem with hard water in our house. I am looking for suggestions for systems to look at, recommended companies and a rough idea of the cost.

Thanks so mcuh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tweenie

we got ours from Richie Kelly, Kildalkey just before Christmas. It cost about €700

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

tweenie wrote: »
    we got ours from Richie Kelly, Kildalkey just before Christmas. It cost about €700

What did that include? Salt drinking water?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tweenie

We it is a salt based unit. We only got it on the hot water system i.e. all the taps except the cold water in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

With the impending water charges, I'd be careful what system you get in. All or most of these systems regularly clean/flush through using many gallons of water. Ensure you find out how much they use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement