Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help

• 18-03-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I have a complicated situation so I'll try my best to explain. Basically I need to get my husband to leave the house. It is a council house in my name only. He says I have to get a court order for him to go. We are newly married but it's been the start of the end for a while now. We have two children and I'm 8 months pregnant. He has only attacked me once but I failed to report it(stupid of me) but will shout scream and punch walls and kick doors. I can no longer cope with his behaviour. Can anyone advise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Waking-Dreams

He is correct in that you need a court order (in this case a Barring Order) for him to leave the house. You could apply for a Protection Order which will be processed much faster if there is reasonable grounds to do so.

Information here:

http://www.womensaid.ie/help/informationforwomen/legaloptions.html#l1

You could also ring the Women’s Aid helpline on 1800 341 900 for advice on your options and emotional support.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭suelaw

Thanks for that. Do you know if I can get that order even though he doesn't hit me. He lashes out and attacked me a few months ago but it would never happen again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Waking-Dreams

I can’t really say how much of a bearing non-physical abuse will have on a Protection Order or Barring Order being granted. Rest assured that emotional abuse and the threat of violence are sufficient for an order if it is affecting your psychological welfare.

The court will grant such orders if they have reasonable grounds to believe your safety and welfare is at risk, as well as the safety and welfare of your dependent children. But they may also be of the view that your partner’s conduct must reach a minimum level of severity before an order is granted. What that ‘minimum level’ is I cannot say. Best talk to Women’s Aid about the situation and what your options are.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭suelaw

Thank you so so much. I'll get onto women's aid first thing. Thanks again for your help

Advertisement