Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Manchester United Forum | Feedback appreciated

Options
  • 06-03-2014 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there.

Myself and some other United fans have put together a new United Forum and blog hosting site. We've all been members of other United forums for a long time, so we have a fair idea of forum life, I had just shy of 40k posts on a big United forum. I understand that being a member and an admin are very different but it's a challenge we're looking forward to.

OK, so it's a clogged market with at least a dozen other United forums out there why would anyone want to join another one?

There's three main reasons.

1) Our site is on the latest Xenforo forum software which (imo) looks fantastic but is also a highly rewarding user experience. The vast majority of United forums are run on terrible outdated software and look like something from the 90's.
    2) We don't run ads of any sort. The entire site is paid for by the 6 admins from the software licence to the hosting meaning we are pretty much free to post what we want and as such are much more liberal than some other sites in relation to language and NSFW images. We do not want to site to turn into a smutfest but certain threads will be a little bit adult in content.
    3) Original content. Factual blogs that have taken time to put together.

So I guess what I'd love is a general review on the site lay out, navigation and content.

Thanks in advance!

www.unitedreds.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

lol this went well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If you've nothing nice to say, say nothing.

Sorry Jayop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Hi it looks very similar to Redcafe. You may want to consider making some small changes to stop comparisons being drawn.

The site is also very slow to load, maybe it's just me. Bar that it looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Graham wrote: »
    If you've nothing nice to say, say nothing.

Sorry Jayop

Harsh! ;)
    Red Crow wrote: »
    Hi it looks very similar to Redcafe. You may want to consider making some small changes to stop comparisons being drawn.

The site is also very slow to load, maybe it's just me. Bar that it looks good

Yeah. we're considering changing servers because of the load issues. It's an intermittent problem. As for the similarities to RC, our homepage is totally different but the forum layout is similar. Also, it's the same forum software so it's going to be similar in that regard.

Thanks very much for the feedback!!

Advertisement