Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat #4 has arrived

Options
  • 31-08-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

This young fella earned himself a place in the household recently by being the most friendly, placid, inoffensive and unaggressive (tom)cat we have ever seen.

And by being pretty, too :D

126091.jpg
    126090.jpg
    126089.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Super cute! I'd totally take him as well! but 4 cats flippin hell fair play to you!!!! Well done, I'd love to have 4 or more but We don't have the room or money for 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If we had kept all the cats that showed up at our doorstep at one point or another we'd probably be up to a dozen by now.

The existing three all were rescues in the true sense of the word ...little helpless kittens snatched out of hedges and the jaws of traffic. This one is a "luxury item" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

A rudely healthy looking fella with such a shiny coat. He fell on his paws with you alright. Congrats on the new arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Cool looking cat, the first picture is a good action shot! :D

He's amazing, actually. He's only here a fortnight or so, yet he lets you inspect his paws, his teeth, pick ticks off his back and thorns out of his ears and he looooves getting brushed.

Other cats have been here almost ten years and a quick brushing is about as far as it goes without a general anaesthetic

He's so relaxed, we suspect he secretly smokes hash in the bushes somewhere :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Congrats, to both you and the cat :D

One question, though... how do your other 3 housemates react to him?
    I'm asking because we've started feeding a stray tom as well a few weeks back, and he's just the sweetest kindest cat I've ever seen. There are only two things stopping us from welcoming him into the house at this point, one being him spraying quite a lot, and the other being one of our cat being viciously jealous...

Shenshen wrote: »
    One question, though... how do your other 3 housemates react to him?
    I'm asking because we've started feeding a stray tom as well a few weeks back, and he's just the sweetest kindest cat I've ever seen. There are only two things stopping us from welcoming him into the house at this point, one being him spraying quite a lot, and the other being one of our cat being viciously jealous...

The spraying hadn't really started with him and since he's been castrated has pretty much stopped, never did it in the house anyway.

As for the other three ...they'd love to hate him but can't really. He just sits there placidly, taking their growling and hissing in his stride without the slightest reaction. He queues for his food and goes out of their way without being overly shy or flighty. He doesn't stand his ground ...he sits or lies it. :D
    They are far from being friends yet, but they tolerate him as well as can be expected. We can all leave them in the kitchen together over night and not a hissy fit to be heard all night. You can't really ask for more with cats.

This peacefulness of him is one of the reasons why we kept him. No point in upsetting and alienating existing cats just for a pretty new face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Good looking cat... good story too and no doubt very familiar to a lot of people... especially us...!
    We're just on the brink of bringing in the latest addition, I'll get a pic of it tonight and put on tomorrow, lovely little grey kitten... it'll replace the one we lost 4 weeks ago... tis a shame they seem so disposable and replaced so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Wow, its like he knew that you were already at capacity and said he would be really really good and placid til he settles in!!:D
    Its great you can inspect him. I have 2 cats, both wandered into my garden as well and they are both odd with me today still cos they got their spot on yesdatday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I thought I was the only weirdo with 4 cats :D the neighbours think im mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

foodaholic wrote: »
    I thought I was the only weirdo with 4 cats :D the neighbours think im mad.

Ahh feic the neighbours! :)
    I'm known as the crazy cat lady as I had 12 at one point....that's down to 3 now.
    Odd thing is people always send you christmas/birthday cards/presents with cats on them or cat related now. I just took in strays...not like I'm obsessed! :D

OP that cat is gorgeous. Congrats on your new addition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deeanimallover

GORGEOUS :)

Advertisement