Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

general life assurance question

Options
  • 16-10-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

hi all.i was wondering if i could get some info on the price of policies available.i know the premiums vary but was just looking for a brief outline on the cost of:

1.basic life cover to cover the mortgage in event of death
    2.a policy that includes critical illness cover and any other little extras that might be needed.
    new to this so any feedback appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

GEM_13 wrote: »
    hi all.i was wondering if i could get some info on the price of policies available.i know the premiums vary but was just looking for a brief outline on the cost of:

1.basic life cover to cover the mortgage in event of death
    2.a policy that includes critical illness cover and any other little extras that might be needed.
    new to this so any feedback appreciated

Well i know my policy is costing me and arm and a leg.

It does include Critical Illness cover.

Any brokers out there.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

TBH, it'd be hard to give you a rough cost cos there are so many factors that will influence your cost -

Weight
    Medical History
    Smoker/Non Smoker
    Drinker/Non drinker
    Family history
    etc

Hi Gem 13

If you just post your gender, age next birthday, whether you are a smoker/non-smoker,amount of mortgage cover required (sum insured), interest rate and term of the mortgage; someone should be able to give you an indicative quote.

If it's a joint life policy (you and partner) the post their age next birthday and whether or not they smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 aimar

yeah,your weight,medical history and smoker status would be the main factors regarding any life assurance policy.
    i can give you the name of someone,he's from acorn life decent lad and tells you everything in plain english

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Talk to a broker who deals with all insurance companies (not just acorn)

I can pm you name of my guy if want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

If you are happy with basic cover to only cover the mortgage -

For 1 - ask for a joint-life-first-death life insurance policy.

For 2 - ask for a joint-life-first-death accelerated policy.

Both of the above will only pay out once and will pay off the mortgage, assuming you take out adequate cover. In the first case it will pay out only on death, the second case it will pay out either on illness or death, whichever comes first.

Bear in mind that critical illness policies have a relatively narrow range of illnesses they cover, they won't, for example, cover breaking a leg or many types of surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

If you are happy with basic cover to only cover the mortgage -

For 1 - ask for a joint-life-first-death life insurance policy.

For 2 - ask for a joint-life-first-death accelerated policy.

Both of the above will only pay out once and will pay off the mortgage, assuming you take out adequate cover. In the first case it will pay out only on death, the second case it will pay out either on illness or death, whichever comes first.

A dual life policy though will pay out twice and is not much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

broker2008 wrote: »
    A dual life policy though will pay out twice and is not much more expensive.

...that depends.

Hence, why I started my post with 'basic cover' caveat.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

True.

It would be nice though if the OP were to reply or acknowledge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

thanks for the replies.i would appreciate it if u(am) can pm the name of that broker-that would be great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 patbrady877

my wife reviewed our policy earlier this year - said she used www.acefm.ie - monthly cost came down

Advertisement