Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 34 captain poll

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

CSF wrote: »
    No I'm not. I need to stop getting overexcited with myself.

I think it might be time totake a break and turn off the computer when you start having conversations with yourself on a chat forum about fantasy football captains :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

I've been burnt by Lukaku captaincy more times than by Aguero injury..... Aguero decision made

Aguero, easy decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

If I had Baines I would definitely consider him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Holding out on Yaya so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Just switched from Yaya to Lukaku. I swore to myself before I'd never captain him again and I did. I got burned. I then swore a second time I'd never captain him again..............but here I am, captaining him again.....

I have Baines too but have so far resisted the urge to put the armband on him

Edit
    Ah f*** it. I'll go back to Yaya and stick with my original decision

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm going for Aguero unless I panic in the next 14 hours. Lukaku is VC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

going with lambert

fancy soton to put at least 3 past cardiff who have
    let in 3, 3 +6 in their last three
    he got one goal and one assist away to cardiff (11pts)
    soton score plenty and a home game v cardiff equals
    lots of goals imo

bugs me not having lallana also

you heard it here first :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Staying with Yaya. Have closed the FPL site for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

On lukaku as he has the best worst opponents though I am fully aware I am going to suffer 180 mins of utter frustration because of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    On lukaku as he has the best worst opponents though I am fully aware I am going to suffer 180 mins of utter frustration because of it...
    Im captaining him aswell I reckon he is going to blank in the first game and then redeem himself(I hope) in the second game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Im captaining him aswell I reckon he is going to blank in the first game and then redeem himself(I hope) in the second game.

Actually have zero faith in him but he is the best candidate on paper especially with Kun being back and taking penalties of Yaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

I think I'll stick with YaYa(feels really weird with suarez jest VC so might change in morning. :) ).

Cannot decide between Yaya, Silva or Lukaku.

Brought in Lukaku for a -4 hit as I noticed main rival (who has ran away with my league tbf) had him.

Armband on Yaya, but Argh!

I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Lukaku or Yaya. That is the question. Might flip a coin and figure out who I'm really in favour of. Yaya is far and away one of the most consistent players in the league but Lukaku is on a great run: 3 goals and 2 assists in the last four, and their opponents are easier on paper.

Plus, Everton will have serious momentum after their tidy putting away of Arsenal. Buuut Palace are reasonably tidy in the backs, though I reckoned Sunderland are on a short road to nowhere. They're getting worse defensively and Yaya is an absolute cert to score over the two legs.

I've never been captained Lukaku either, so have yet to have been burned by him. Dunno. Gonna sleep on it and hope inspiration comes to me in the land of nod. :D I've given up on having a good ranking so I just wanna win my league now. Inactive second place has come out of retirement so he might go risky with his captain choice. I know he's refusing to buy Lukaku in because he's trying to play for differentials, so I think he might give it to Yaya but who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think I'm gonna stick with my gut for Aguero.

It's exactly against the 'weaker' opposition set up to defend that Rom has failed.

This from www.fantastfootballgeek.co.uk...
    How has he performed against poor opposition
    Poor: Blanked against Sunderland H, Hull H, Cardiff H, Fulham A, Norwich H. Returned against Newcastle Home and Away, Fulham Home and Stoke Home.
    He’s had 10 point hauls in 4 games. Newcastle Away and Home. Liverpool and Arsenal.

I can justify yaya in my mind as I can't see Aguero making both games. So chances are he'll get a peno...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna stick with my gut for Aguero.

It's exactly against the 'weaker' opposition set up to defend that Rom has failed.

This from www.fantastfootballgeek.co.uk...

It all makes sense to me now:D

Said before that I will never put an armband on Lukaku.
    Said before I won't buy Aguero this season.

I brought Aguero into my team so it does make a sense to make him a captain at this stage.

You can't bring a 12m worth player in if you are not ready to captain him, can You?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have had it on yaya all week. Brought in Sergio last night but cant convince myself to captain him......

yep, computer off, yaya captain and we roll the dice!

mailburner wrote: »
    going with lambert

fancy soton to put at least 3 past cardiff who have
    let in 3, 3 +6 in their last three
    he got one goal and one assist away to cardiff (11pts)
    soton score plenty and a home game v cardiff equals
    lots of goals imo

bugs me not having lallana also

you heard it here first :)

from lukaku to lambert and now settled on yaya
    the home game v sunderland the clincher for me

hardest week of season for me picking a captain

• Advertisement

god speed Lukaku, god speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Suarez. *I feel alone, and scared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

manual_man wrote: »
    Suarez. *I feel alone, and scared

Crazy decision, you have your Liverpool blinkers on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

Went with Lukaku, better not let me know like he has done on 4 other occasions this season

irish son wrote: »
    Crazy decision, you have your Liverpool blinkers on.

No need for that pal. Lets just wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No need for that pal. Lets just wait and see

No need for what? An opinion?

CSF wrote: »
    No need for what? An opinion?

Relax the f***in kacks. Its how u said it. Of course everyones entitled to have an opinion, but only some1 with a serious chip on their shoulder would bother 2reply to what i said, the way u did. Now keep it up, if u like, i've got all f***in day, or learn the lesson, and move on - if you've got nothin good to say, don't f***in say anythin at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I forgot to change my captain, Suarez it is!

FACK!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Went for Dzeko. Nervous ain't the word!

HighClass wrote: »
    Went for Dzeko. Nervous ain't the word!

Godspeed.

I don't think I could ever give the armband to someone who's not nailed on for the 90.

• Advertisement

Godspeed.

I don't think I could ever give the armband to someone who's not nailed on for the 90.

60 off the top in my league, time to start taking stupid risks in the hope they pay off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Relax the f***in kacks. Its how u said it. Of course everyones entitled to have an opinion, but only some1 with a serious chip on their shoulder would bother 2reply to what i said, the way u did. Now keep it up, if u like, i've got all f***in day, or learn the lesson, and move on - if you've got nothin good to say, don't f***in say anythin at all

I didn't say it. You're the one who needs to relax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Went for Coleman. Need a clean sheet badly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

That Coleman yellow is a killer for anyone that captained him, will likely cost you 6 points.

mailburner wrote: »
    from lukaku to lambert and now settled on yaya
    the home game v sunderland the clincher for me

hardest week of season for me picking a captain

got it right so far
    lol

all i ask is for yaya to start v sunderland and that captain
    pick should be justified

not really wanting him doing a lot as a pool fan but if he scored
    in a 3-1 defeat i wouldnt mind having benched skrtel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Atta'boy Baines! More of that against Palace, and maybe a goal would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Guess those who captained Lukaku are still in the mix for getting more points with Suarez done and Yaya out..Pity no one came out tops...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

sanket wrote: »
    Guess those who captained Lukaku are still in the mix for getting more points with Suarez done and Yaya out..Pity no one came out tops...

Aguero could still come out on top, he'll probably start as Sunderland face a City backlash at the Ethiad.

Hoping Dzeko starts ahead of Aguero and he can get a goal or two before he comes off. Can't see Aguero playing the full 90 so still a chance captain Dzeko could come good.

• Advertisement

I can't see Aguero starting. He didn't look up for the Pool game at all--granted, that was a terrible game for him to return to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I can't see Aguero starting. He didn't look up for the Pool game at all--granted, that was a terrible game for him to return to.

I reckon you could well be right and Aguero will be given the second half.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I reckon you could well be right and Aguero will be given the second half.

Reckon so. Hopefully he sparks to life in that second half. Also hoping Dzeko is useless in the first half. Really would be the best case scenario.

Barring injury Id be extremely confident of aguero starting. I can see city going with negredo and aguero up top on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Haven't captained (and thus been burned by) Lukaku yet this season, so I have no problem putting it on him this week. Sunderland are woeful and Palace aren't usually good away from home.
    Oh well, never again. It was the logical play though.

I'm buying Aguero in. Mostly because that was the plan and I have no idea what to do instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm buying Aguero in. Mostly because that was the plan and I have no idea what to do instead.

Given the week that's past that makes as much sense as any other plan !!!!
    I'm giving up thinking about it.

Fancy that, Lukaku couldnt outscore Suarez with an extra game. How many times will he burn FPL players before they learn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dempsey wrote: »
    Fancy that, Lukaku couldnt outscore Suarez with an extra game. How many times will he burn FPL players before they learn!

It was the logical choice. Given the facts and form he would be the once to pick if everyone had the choice over.
    hindsight is great isn't it.....

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It was the logical choice. Given the facts and form he would be the once to pick if everyone had the choice over.
    hindsight is great isn't it.....

From GW33 Match Thread...
    Never captain Lukaku
    Anyone that captains Lukaku, even in a DGW, cant be doing well.
    Haha! :D

I like Lukaku, hence why I have him but its simply a case of repeated disappointment when captaining him. He rarely scores big when you expect him to.

Are you going to captain him next week though?

Not hindsight at all, Lukaku is one of the worst offenders in FPL for inconsistency. I warned all I could! :)

Everyone together now....

Never Captain Lukuku!
    Never Captain Lukuku!
    Never Captain Lukuku!

Not hindsight at all, Lukaku is one of the worst offenders in FPL for inconsistency. I warned all I could! :)

Everyone together now....

Never Captain Lukuku!
    Never Captain Lukuku!
    Never Captain Lukuku!

so who should everybody have captained?

• Advertisement
Advertisement