Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suarez points total....perfect game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

8-10 wrote: »
    Eh...I think you mean you wish you had Suarez. I'm not sure why you don't have him but eh...you should have him. Doesn't matter how expensive he's gotten! What's your team out of interest?

Would have to sell load by loads of crap. I rather have 11 very good players rather than 1 very expensive because then I know I will get good round numbers. Plus I did mean Yaya as is cheaper and as a midfield gets better points when scored. Actually he is not that expensive now I look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,924 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would have to sell load by loads of crap. I rather have 11 very good players rather than 1 very expensive because then I know I will get good round numbers. Plus I did mean Yaya as is cheaper and as a midfield gets better points when scored. Actually he is not that expensive now I look at it

You're doing it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

would love to see you team

Ace2007 wrote: »
    would love to see you team

Player information
    Mignolet
    Zabaleta
    Coleman
    Skrtel
    Lallana
    Johnson
    Mirallas
    Henderson
    Long
    Dzeko
    Rooney

Begovic
    Fonte
    Sagna
    Sidwell

CSF wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong

Suarez is 13.2 Hazard is 11 Yaya is 10 (admitenly could buy him

I would have to sell a number of players and then have enough left over to buy players at the least expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Suarez is 13.2 Hazard is 11 Yaya is 10 (admitenly could buy him

I would have to sell a number of players and then have enough left over to buy players at the least expensive.

I think their point was that you shouldn't be paying 13.2m for Suarez and 11m for Hazard you should have had them both for months and saved at least 3m on current prices.

You must be the only player currently playing that doesn't have Suarez, Harzard or Yaya thats pretty impressive! Has it effected the ranking much? I have had Suarez and Hazard for ages and my ranking still sucks!

jimmii wrote: »
    I think their point was that you shouldn't be paying 13.2m for Suarez and 11m for Hazard you should have had them both for months and saved at least 3m on current prices.

You must be the only player currently playing that doesn't have Suarez, Harzard or Yaya thats pretty impressive! Has it effected the ranking much? I have had Suarez and Hazard for ages and my ranking still sucks!

It probably has by how much I do not know. Suarez was allways very deaar after the initial weeks and I do wish I bought him when he was cheaper but once he got over a certain price I said no. Yaya actually I see is not that expensive ans is doable so yes him was a massive mistake. I am ranked 1,100,000 not great but way better than my last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Player information
    Mignolet
    Zabaleta
    Coleman
    Skrtel
    Lallana
    Johnson
    Mirallas
    Henderson
    Long
    Dzeko
    Rooney

Begovic
    Fonte
    Sagna
    Sidwell

In my opinion you've too much money invested in your defence especially if you're playing 3-4-3. I wouldn't spend 5m+ on a 2nd keeper and you've more than 10m in defenders on your bench too. You don't need 5 of what I would consider to be premium defenders if you're only playing 3 at the expense of your forwards. That's a couple of mill that you could use to upgrade Long or Henderson, for example, to more reliable players.

It probably has by how much I do not know. Suarez was allways very deaar after the initial weeks and I do wish I bought him when he was cheaper but once he got over a certain price I said no. Yaya actually I see is not that expensive ans is doable so yes him was a massive mistake. I am ranked 1,100,000 not great but way better than my last 2 years

I got Suarez at 10.9 and Hazard at 9.8 definitely have to jump on them early thats for sure. At 1.1m you are behind a lot of people who stopped playing in January or earlier definitely something not going right there. The game is about being as boring as possible and making the obvious decisions (like buying and captaining Suarez every week!).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,924 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Suarez alone would have massively increased that ranking. I wouldn't consider myself the Pep or Mourinho of FF but by having Aguero/Suarez/Sturridge/Yaya/Hazard and Silva at all times when fit I've managed top 21000 so far.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Suarez alone would have massively increased that ranking. I wouldn't consider myself the Pep or Mourinho of FF but by having Aguero/Suarez/Sturridge/Yaya/Hazard and Silva at all times when fit I've managed top 21000 so far.

Yeh its all been about jumping on those good and quick this season. Its been a very weird season this season with just a handful of players seemingly having a never ending purse patch unlike normal seasons where players swing hot and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I got Suarez at 10.9 and Hazard at 9.8 definitely have to jump on them early thats for sure.
    Wow! This is early ! Even without reacting as fast as yourself (I got Suarez at £11.6 m and Hazard pretty late (had Ozil for a long time instead) at £10.1 m) I still managed my best season by quite some margin (inside 20-15k the previous 2 seasons and around 1k at the moment - let's hope I can stay there now !-) and built a team value above £114 m now.
    The game is about being as boring as possible and making the obvious decisions (like buying and captaining Suarez every week!).
    Yeah. The game is also about un-stubborness (Yaya and Ramsey are THE examples this year). That's probably what I've done best up to now this year. I found in my previous years that searching for differentials was generally useless. It's not a problem to have a team with the same core than everyone else. 1 or 2 players at the appropriate time can make the difference (like Sturridge or Rooney lately. like Coleman earlier, like an Arsenal defender during their good spell, etc...). And then, there is the captain choice. Though Suarez "vampirised" that this year. But there were a good few GWs where it was open to debate.
    Yeh its all been about jumping on those good and quick this season. Its been a very weird season this season with just a handful of players seemingly having a never ending purse patch unlike normal seasons where players swing hot and cold.

I'm not sure about that. Bar Suarez, Yaya and to a lesser extent Sturridge, all the other players have blown hot and cold.

iroced wrote: »
    I'm not sure about that. Bar Suarez, Yaya and to a lesser extent Sturridge, all the other players have blown hot and cold.

No compared to seasons past its been very different you normally have some really good midpriced options like Benteke or Michu this season hasn't really seen that other than a couple of Southampton players and this season there are a good few players hitting PPGs that have been beyond the reach of everyone but RVP in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

No compared to seasons past its been very different you normally have some really good midpriced options like Benteke or Michu this season hasn't really seen that other than a couple of Southampton players and this season there are a good few players hitting PPGs that have been beyond the reach of everyone but RVP in the last couple of years.

I only partly agree.

To me this is only true for midfielders where Hazard-Yaya and Lallana-Gerrard are well in front...

But in defense it's been like the previous years. Some expensive ones (Chelsea, Everton def) and cheapies (Southampton, Hull, Crystal Palace def) were worth having all year, while others were great for some periods (Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Tottenham for the big ones, Sunderland, Cardiff, West Ham for the smaller ones).

And for the forwards, Giroud, Lukaku, Lambert, Rodriguez, Adebayor, Bony, Rémy offered very decent options at time along with 2 of Suarez, Sturridge, Rooney, Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Up to 274 points now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Boots234 wrote: »
    Up to 274 points now

On current form i'll be shocked if he doesn't hit 3 ton over the next five games!

On current form i'll be shocked if he doesn't hit 3 ton over the next five games!

Absolutely! I doubt he has any idea how close he is getting but i'm sure a good few on twitter will let him know when he gets there! For all his bad points he is a truly fantastic footballer he deserves to be the first to crack that mark.

Absolutely! I doubt he has any idea how close he is getting but i'm sure a good few on twitter will let him know when he gets there! For all his bad points he is a truly fantastic footballer he deserves to be the first to crack that mark.

Lies, i'd say he captains himself most weeks like the rest of us! ha!

Lies, i'd say he captains himself most weeks like the rest of us! ha!

lol probably! I remember Cesc tweeting about his FPL team when he was at Arsenal I wonder if the Liverpool guys play! The Stoke lads always used to pick themselves for some reason. I bet Sturridge is doing rubbish now no way he would pick anyone else as captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

lol probably! I remember Cesc tweeting about his FPL team when he was at Arsenal I wonder if the Liverpool guys play! The Stoke lads always used to pick themselves for some reason. I bet Sturridge is doing rubbish now no way he would pick anyone else as captain!

If fairness, if I was a Stoke defender a few seasons ago there's a good chance I'd have picked myself. They used to be a good pick.

• Advertisement

There was a link knocking about to Stokes private league a few seasons ago! some of the team names were gas, Pennant had something a bit out there if i remember correctly ha!

There was a link knocking about to Stokes private league a few seasons ago! some of the team names were gas, Pennant had something a bit out there if i remember correctly ha!

Yeh Crouch always seemed to be top of it! Andy Murrays league was also floating around that season I seem to remember it was full of other tennis players I guess they have a lot of free time in hotels good way to pass the hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    With 18 GW's to go, can he out score the top players ever? Will he make top 5?

I make it (totally open to correction):

1. Lampard - 284pts
    2. Ronaldo - 283pts
    *3. Suarez - 278pts*
    4. Henry - 271pts
    5. RVP - 269pts
    6. RVP - 262pts

So as it stands I make it that Suarez is 3rd in the all-time fantasy points scorers with 4 games to go. 6pts gets him into 2nd, and 7pts in the 4 games will put him above Lampard's top score.

Definitely looking good now. I think this Norwich game will tell whether he's going to hit 300 or not.

I would say he is >99% to top Lampard now assuming he gets 360 minutes and doesn't pick up an injury or suspension. 300 is still looking good especially considering the position Liverpool are in you would expect him to get 5.5ppg over any 4 game period.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how much he'll cost next season?

14 like RVP was this year? 15 maybe?

x43r0 wrote: »
    Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how much he'll cost next season?

14 like RVP was this year? 15 maybe?

13.5 would be my guess. Doubt they will go higher than that really if he pushes 300 points again next season then 14m for 2015/16.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

14 million.

Its what ronaldo and henry were

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Think the limit is £14m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

It might be £14m +£1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Yeh Crouch always seemed to be top of it! Andy Murrays league was also floating around that season I seem to remember it was full of other tennis players I guess they have a lot of free time in hotels good way to pass the hours!

Rangers also have a league,Kenny miller is top but the rest is made up of the current squad.

14m next season and a must have.....if he is still in the pl.

Advertisement