Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

There's a long way to go yet, premier league form in the 1st half of the season means nothing if you can't back it up between now and GW38.

Says the man sitting at 159k ATM :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

1,249 so far in my rookie FPL season. 18,325 ranking.

Hope to maintain a top 50k at least from here and hopefully make championship or even the top flight if I'm lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

There's a long way to go yet, premier league form in the 1st half of the season means nothing if you can't back it up between now and GW38.

Never have better words being spoken. The prizes aren't handed out until GW38. GW20 means nothing.

There is plenty of time for things to go exceptionally well.... or exceptionally badly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Any chance we could keep this retro and simply call the Leagues 'The First, Second... Forth Division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lemlin wrote: »
    There is plenty of time for things to go exceptionally well.... or exceptionally badly!

I've played my wildcard this week after 4 really solid weeks, and I already regret it, I'm gonna make a mess of it just like GW4 :( :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

SantryRed wrote: »
    I've played my wildcard this week after 4 really solid weeks, and I already regret it, I'm gonna make a mess of it just like GW4 :( :pac:

And now, 79 or so of us also hope you do :D

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Any chance we could keep this retro and simply call the Leagues 'The First, Second... Forth Division.

League 1: Your time on here is well spent
    League 2: You're doing ok but you could be paying more attention
    League 3: Have you added up how much time you spend on here...is it worth it?
    League 4: Zombies score better than you and maintain a better social life

League 4 here I come :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm really eager to see what league I would be in based on current standings, but too lazy to put the effort in to find out.

CSF wrote: »
    I'm really eager to see what league I would be in based on current standings, but too lazy to put the effort in to find out.

Would it be simple to create a dummy league, put in your 80 people and then you, and we, can see where we are shaping up to be? Would give a bit of a preview and interest in the league in this the qualifying season.....

Or can you do a league now and let people have their points from the start?

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Would it be simple to create a dummy league, put in your 80 people and then you, and we, can see where we are shaping up to be? Would give a bit of a preview and interest in the league in this the qualifying season.....

Or can you do a league now and let people have their points from the start?
    Its not a bad idea if we can get the 80 people into enter. I'm fairly busy for the next few as I'm working late tomorrow and then off to England for FA Cup weekend but if you want to run with that go right ahead.

Its not a bad idea if we can get the 80 people into enter. I'm fairly busy for the next few as I'm working late tomorrow and then off to England for FA Cup weekend but if you want to run with that go right ahead.

Don't know anything about setting up leagues, but I'll have a look.

This seems to work, I've set up a leaguE called 'FSA 14/15 League Championship - PreQualifier Rankings' with scoring from GW1. Do you want me to post the code here or send it out to just your 80 people. Happy to help out with this stage however you want to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This seems to work, I've set up a leaguE called 'FSA 14/15 League Championship - PreQualifier Rankings' with scoring from GW1. Do you want me to post the code here or send it out to just your 80 people. Happy to help out with this stage however you want to play it.

I think its a head to head league you need to set up. As in we all play one fixture against each other from here on in. If we had 19 in a division there are 18 gws left so that should work.

Posting it in the thread works if everyone sees it and nobody other than the 80 people join. If that can't be relied on, then PM might be the only option.

I think its a head to head league you need to set up. As in we all play one fixture against each other from here on in. If we had 19 in a division there are 18 gws left so that should work.

The purpose of this league is only to allow the 80 entrants to see where they stand in the rankings compared to each other, too see what division of CSF's league you are likely to end up in. So we just need everybody ranked in a table, top 20 looking to be Premier League and so on. It will give an edge to things coming to the run in as people near the cut off points sweat over what division they will be in.

• Advertisement

Posting it in the thread works if everyone sees it and nobody other than the 80 people join. If that can't be relied on, then PM might be the only option.

I'll help out with the vetting if it's needed, there would be some serious frowning if lads took the micky...

Might be worth setting up a reserve league too to keep the interest levels up and see who might be getting a call up?

The purpose of this league is only to allow the 80 entrants to see where they stand in the rankings compared to each other, too see what division of CSF's league you are likely to end up in. So we just need everybody ranked in a table, top 20 looking to be Premier League and so on. It will give an edge to things coming to the run in as people near the cut off points sweat over what division they will be in.

sorry I get you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Post it up here, anyone who doesn't belong can be asked to leave, if you have restrictions just mention the last poster and post number for the 80th place, sending pm's could be a dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Whoever sets up a league can kick people out at any time so if someone enters who shouldn't be there then it's easy to get rid of them.

Right, I'll get the ball rolling on this for now, can give admin rights to anyone else at any time.

What I'd suggest is that everyone who has made the top 80 in the sign up thread here use the code below to join the league as soon as possible.

Ill have a go when I get time at taking the details from the sign up thread to a spreadsheet or google doc, and one this has been cross checked with CSF we can us it to cross check the league entries. We can remove anyone who shouldn't be there and also pm or chase up anyone who is not there. Of course not everyone may want to join but we'll see how it goes.

Code for the league is : 1588629-685711

• Advertisement

Right, I'll get the ball rolling on this for now, can give admin rights to anyone else at any time.

What I'd suggest is that everyone who has made the top 80 in the sign up thread here use the code below to join the league as soon as possible.

Ill have a go when I get time at taking the details from the sign up thread to a spreadsheet or google doc, and one this has been cross checked with CSF we can us it to cross check the league entries. We can remove anyone who shouldn't be there and also pm or chase up anyone who is not there. Of course not everyone may want to join but we'll see how it goes.

seems to be a problem with that code

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deadlineday

worked for me.prob be my highest ranking(placed no 2 of 2)

seems to be a problem with that code

Ok, I've never set up a league before so could be doing something wrong....

That's the code it gives me and the league seems to be open to new entrants.....

Actually, wait a sec. 2 people have joined already! Over to you... :)

I'm in too, relegation zone already

You sir are a gent and a scholar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm in. So just to confirm, your finishing position here, will decide which H2H League you start in next year, be that First, Second.... Fourth Division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just joined. Had to delete myself from the FantasyfootballPundits.com league as I was already in the max.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I'm in. So just to confirm, your finishing position here, will decide which H2H League you start in next year, be that First, Second.... Fourth Division.

Essentially yes. Once we get all 80 of us into it.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Just joined. Had to delete myself from the FantasyfootballPundits.com league as I was already in the max.

Had to similar with some stupid 1 that I've never even looked at myself

cheers, it worked when I didn't copy and paste it for whatever reason, I'm in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Just joined the pre FSA Premier league and that makes 13 of us so far......big thanks to FHFC for setting up the pre league.

DC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Joined there, had to delete from a league as well to join.

Found someone in the league that I know quite well "outside of the internet" already :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Joined now too 19 so far now
    Fair play lads

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deadlineday

Joined now too 19 so far now
    Fair play lads
    and lasses???
    might report for sexism:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

and lasses???
    might report for sexism:D

And lasses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

PARlance wrote: »
    Found someone in the league that I know quite well "outside of the internet" already :eek:
    I never liked ya... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Joined. Once again fair play to everyone organising this

BNMC wrote: »
    I never liked ya... :pac:

You had me worried... :p

I am definitely thinking I'm going to remove my team until I get up the table a bit ;) ... Fairly high standard

Ok, check this out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqagCUvr8Q1GdGFVRGxVS1FTcWh5a2ZKM0UydlBDT1E&usp=sharing

Ive included the entry number 1-80 and also the Post # from the sign in thread.

Anybody missed or spot any other errors speak now.....

@ greensausage post # 25 - seem to be 2 team ids...which one are ya entering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In.

24 so far and all but one check out!

in good work man

• Advertisement

Think I counted myself 11th highest of the 24 teams there. Adds further evidence to my prediction that on current scoring I'd likely be a Championship team. Much work required to improve that to where I really want to be come May.

Ok, check this out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqagCUvr8Q1GdGFVRGxVS1FTcWh5a2ZKM0UydlBDT1E&usp=sharing

Ive included the entry number 1-80 and also the Post # from the sign in thread.

Anybody missed or spot any other errors speak now.....

@ greensausage post # 25 - seem to be 2 team ids...which one are ya entering?
    That 2nd ID seems to be some different English chap. Not quite sure how it relates to the thread but I don't think it is him posting his team ID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Also joined.

Can new leagues be started and have the scores from GW1 onwards included?

I know H2H can't.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Also joined.

Can new leagues be started and have the scores from GW1 onwards included?

I know H2H can't.
    It'll be our total scores in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement