Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Intertoto Cup 2013-2014

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,555 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm defending a 45 point lead against BlockedPat this weekend. Safe to say I'll be in the draw.

Famous last words!! Never over until it's over.

So with the Distin adjustment I am 3 points behind with Baines and Szczesny vs Mannone, Distin and Coleman. On the unlikely chance I score exactly 3 more from those players what happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

CSF wrote: »
    So with the Distin adjustment I am 3 points behind with Baines and Szczesny vs Mannone, Distin and Coleman. On the unlikely chance I score exactly 3 more from those players what happens?

wasn't even aware that they'd took points off distin. absolute shambles of a set up this year.

anyway back to this, I need a goal conceded v arsenal so as mannone hasn't a hope of keeping one, baines not to score would also be helpful.

Mr.P may weigh in on what happens in event of a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hogey007 wrote: »
    wasn't even aware that they'd took points off distin. absolute shambles of a set up this year.

anyway back to this, I need a goal conceded v arsenal so as mannone hasn't a hope of keeping one, baines not to score would also be helpful.

Mr.P may weigh in on what happens in event of a draw.

The bad news is that the winner of your tie will have to play a resurgent Swiper the Fox in the semi final.

My opponent has only five dgw's including Yaya and is currently over 50 points down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

As stated in the first post these will be 2 legged knockouts with aggregate scoring. In the event of a tie over 2 legs "away goals" will come into play i.e. whoever scored more points in their "away" tie. Those in the first bracket of their draw will play at home first and away secondly. For example I play KennyB3 at home first and then away.

This is what I said when I hastily drew up the whole thing but I didn't give it a second thought to be honest. Let's just wait and see what happens first I guess and cross that bridge then if we need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This is what I said when I hastily drew up the whole thing but I didn't give it a second thought to be honest. Let's just wait and see what happens first I guess and cross that bridge then if we need to.

In the Europa Cup and Champions Cup, I'm doing highest global ranking wins in the event of a draw.

It's what FFS do in their cups.

i'm still half asleep here but is this correct, baines 4 points, szczesny 2 points v mannone, distin & coleman 1 point each.

that's 6 v 3 and exactly the 3 points more which you said :eek:

edit: last week was the higher scoring week and as i was listed first, i think from mr.p's post above that means you were the away team for the higher scroung week so you go through. pretty close contest this, well done.

i'm still half asleep here but is this correct, baines 4 points, szczesny 2 points v mannone, distin & coleman 1 point each.

that's 6 v 3 and exactly the 3 points more which you said :eek:

edit: last week was the higher scoring week and as i was listed first, i think from mr.p's post above that means you were the away team for the higher scroung week so you go through. pretty close contest this, well done.

Baines was only 3 points so well done to you I think!!!

BlockedPat 103 - 174 Swiper the fox
    Hogey007 133 - 132 CSF
    Kennyb3 135 - 139 kevinroche3333
    Weetabix 125 - 141 Who_8_Paul?

Some very interesting games there, very close between Hogey007 and CSF

Semi-finals:
    Swiper the fox vs Hogey007
    kevinroche3333 vs Who_8_Paul?

Semi Finals First Leg: GW36
    Semi Finals Second Leg: GW37

• Advertisement

Baines was only 3 points so well done to you I think!!!

sorry, didn't realize baines got booked, I can't access FPl in work so was just going by 3 for assist, 2 for more than 60 mins and -1 for conceding 3.

but just checked fotmob when I seen your reply and see he got booked.

ah well cheers for a very good game anyway.

BlockedPat 103 - 174 Swiper the fox
    Hogey007 133 - 132 CSF
    Kennyb3 135 - 139 kevinroche3333
    Weetabix 125 - 141 Who_8_Paul?

Some very interesting games there, very close between Hogey007 and CSF

Semi-finals:
    Swiper the fox vs Hogey007
    kevinroche3333 vs Who_8_Paul?

Semi Finals First Leg: GW36
    Semi Finals Second Leg: GW37

forgot about this, I got 66 (-4) last week, so 62.
    what did you get swiper? (yes, I'm too lazy to go back and look for your i.d :D)

forgot about this, I got 66 (-4) last week, so 62.
    what did you get swiper? (yes, I'm too lazy to go back and look for your i.d :D)

Nicely poised so going into this week. I finished on 68 (-4) so that puts me 2 ahead.

Nicely poised so going into this week. I finished on 68 (-4) so that puts me 2 ahead.

cheers, very close alright, i won't be doing transfers for this week until fri/sat and undecided about a hit but the current dgw players i have are

Mannone, chester, Mata, Nasri, YaYa, Rooney, Aguero.

cheers, very close alright, i won't be doing transfers for this week until fri/sat and undecided about a hit but the current dgw players i have are

Mannone, chester, Mata, Nasri, YaYa, Rooney, Aguero.

I'll hammer that crew anyway, you'd wanna start takin hits!!;)

I've Rooney, Mata, Zab, Aguero, and Adam Johnson. I'll have two more on Saturday, Phil Jones and Nasri are possibles.

I'll hammer that crew anyway, you'd wanna start takin hits!!;)

I've Rooney, Mata, Zab, Aguero, and Adam Johnson. I'll have two more on Saturday, Phil Jones and Nasri are possibles.

:D

I have my full city quota, need shot of distin so might get vidic in for him, might just leave it at that then, will decide fully tomorrow when team news announced.

• Advertisement

:D

I have my full city quota, need shot of distin so might get vidic in for him, might just leave it at that then, will decide fully tomorrow when team news announced.

I'm almost certain that I won't have Yaya anyway (but you never know;)) so he could be the winning and losing of our tie. I may opt for Vidic, Evra or Jones or I could double up on city defence, to be honest I haven't a clue, i'm rambling here. Either way I'll have 7 doubles, you'll have more than that for sure, good luck!!

Similar teams Hogey and similar scores so far, think you are three points up on me at the moment. The clash today is your Ramsey v my Ivanovic, this could go some way to deciding our match. After that you have Mannone, Chester and Yaya against my Zabaleta and Adam Johnson. I wouldn't like to call it just yet.

Similar teams Hogey and similar scores so far, think you are three points up on me at the moment. The clash today is your Ramsey v my Ivanovic, this could go some way to deciding our match. After that you have Mannone, Chester and Yaya against my Zabaleta and Adam Johnson. I wouldn't like to call it just yet.

no ramsey today so shaw comes off the bench with 6, I don't think chester will be involved either.

you'd expect a Chelsea cs today and ivanovic always carries a goal threat, If I get through that match ok it could call come down to yaya being fit.

*is that 3 points up for the gameweek or the tie overall?

no ramsey today so shaw comes off the bench with 6, I don't think chester will be involved either.

you'd expect a Chelsea cs today and ivanovic always carries a goal threat, If I get through that match ok it could call come down to yaya being fit.

*is that 3 points up for the gameweek or the tie overall?

you're three ahead overall, 5 for the gameweek. I would have preferred for you to take you're chances with Ramsey rather than bring in Shaws six. I feel I need 5 or six points from Ivan later on to stay in touch.

you're three ahead overall, 5 for the gameweek. I would have preferred for you to take you're chances with Ramsey rather than bring in Shaws six. I feel I need 5 or six points from Ivan later on to stay in touch.

Yeah I was kinda happy to take the 6 from him too.
    Will see how the chelsea game goes but I'd be very happy if ivanovic only got 6 from that.

• Advertisement

Assuming I was two ahead coming into this week I have you as four ahead at the moment, my 4 point hit is the difference.(I've factored in Shaws six points). We both have Suarez tonight, if Rooney is a no show you'll have Ward and I'll have Puncheon in that game.
    After that it's Mannone, Chester and Yaya for you --- Zabaleta and Johnson for me. You're a warm favourite.

Assuming I was two ahead coming into this week I have you as four ahead at the moment, my 4 point hit is the difference.(I've factored in Shaws six points). We both have Suarez tonight, if Rooney is a no show you'll have Ward and I'll have Puncheon in that game.
    After that it's Mannone, Chester and Yaya for you --- Zabaleta and Johnson for me. You're a warm favourite.

cheers for the update, very close this one. it could go either way still, chester is ruled out so it's 2 versus 2.
    my rival has toure captained and although it looks bleak in me catching him now after dzeko and terry moved him nicely away from me I'd still much rather toure did nothing. you'd expect a city cs for zab but hopefully mannone cancels that out for me. certainly keeps it interesting.

the other semi finalists are very quiet :D

Right so Hogey, with all the substitutions and my 4 point hit factored in you will be 5 points ahead going into tonight. Nasri is in both teams.
    I need for Zabaleta and Adam Johnson to outscore Mannone and Yaya by at least 5 points.

Right so Hogey, with all the substitutions and my 4 point hit factored in you will be 5 points ahead going into tonight. Nasri is in both teams.
    I need for Zabaleta and Adam Johnson to outscore Mannone and Yaya by at least 5 points.

could be very close or yaya could have a field day v a very poor side. I hope the latter isn't the case as opponent has him captained (and dzeko also playing) so could really do with a low scoring game (and hope mannone nicks this for me rather than toure)

those yaya points at the end killed off my chances in the paid league but got me through to the final here, cheers for a good game. was very close, and the comments here made it a bit of craic.

I thought I was going through until Yaya got the assist, even afterwards I had a half chance if bonus points went my way, the goal was a killer. Well done, hope you can make contact with whoever is in the final with you, I can't be arsed checking:p

Semi-Final Results:

Swiper the fox 124 - 132 Hogey007
    kevinroche3333 158 - 119 Who_8_Paul?

Final
    GW38: Hogey007 vs kevinroche3333

Lets hope the most exciting fantasy competition in the world has an equally exciting final. Do us proud and may the best team win.

Semi-Final Results:

Final

Lets hope the most exciting fantasy competition in the world has an equally exciting final. Do us proud and may the best team win.

Well that confirms it, Yaya's late show has cost me my place in the final, as well as my top 10k place overall.

Semi-Final Results:

Final

so it's me against kevin, i'm still undecided about transfers,

had planned on dzeko, sturridge and gerrard in for rooney, aguero and ward prowse.

with aguero declared fit I might hold off on aguero out and just do rooney to sturridge. and then possibly mata to gerrard for a hit.

And the winner is.......

Kevinroche333

Final:
    Hogey007 46 - 56 kevinroche3333

Congrats. It's the strong and silent types you have to look out for :pac:

• Advertisement

And the winner is.......

Kevinroche333

Final:
    Hogey007 46 - 56 kevinroche3333

Congrats. It's the strong and silent types you have to look out for :pac:

Well done kevin.

And cheers mr.p for organising this for those of us who finished bottom of our champions league groups :)

Advertisement