Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Intertoto Cup 2013-2014

• 31-12-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭

Greetings Comrades,

If you're reading this you have probably suffered the indignity achieved cult status for not having either Ramsey or Yaya for the first half of the season. We are a special kind of folk who finished bottom of our group, fortune has not favoured the brave, yet!

They're all laughing at us for our failures over 6 random GWs and we all have our own tales of woe. I was denied by 2 measly points from knocking out my Group winner and qualifying at the hands of Rambo. I hear you say: "You're living in the past, Marge, quit living in the past!" and you would be right. From this moment on we are all equals once again. Let us rejoice.

Now getting down to business. The Intertoto will be a 16 team, 2 legged knockout which will follow the FSA Champions League format. Dates and draws will follow in due course but more importantly I feel an introduction to our band of merry men is necessary. Simply because we're all about the culture and heritage of the FSA rather than some slick and streamlined event where "Winning" (:rolleyes:) is the only measure of success.

So in no particular order, however letters may be infront of their names but just ignore the petty administration please. I would invite the following to now step forward:

A CSF
    B jimw1988 (Calling jimw1988 are you out there, hello? Helllo!! :eek:)
    C Swiper the Fox
    D Hogey007
    E kennyb3
    F prettyboy81
    G F1ngers
    H Who_8_Paul?
    I blockedPaT
    J richieffff
    K greensausage
    L kevinroche3333
    M Dahat
    N Mr.Prodston
    O unkymo
    P Weetabix

It would seem that Jimw1988 hasn't turned up, no doubt trying to sneak into the FSA's Copa Libertadores. With that in mind we have a problem. We either accommodate a loose end from the Europa League or somebody will get a bye into the quarter finals.

We will finalise that over the coming days and weeks along with the draw. The fixtures should look something like this though:

Round of 16 First Leg: GW 27
    Round of 16 Second Leg: GW30

Quarter Finals First Leg: GW 33
    Quarter Finals Second Leg: GW34

Semi Finals First Leg: GW36
    Semi Finals Second Leg: GW37

Final: GW38.

For now all that is left for me to do is to wish ye all a very Happy New Year and wish everyone the best of luck and let the witty banter flow. I have no doubt there will be many that wished they were in this competition, so remember that we are the chosen few.

Good luck folks and just before I go here is a sneak peak of the image that ye may claim to have won :)*please note that UEFA hold the actual rights

intertoto.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I've had none of yaya or Ramsey all season and topped my group, just saying.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I was one of the founding members of the No Ramsey or Yaya club and I don't even get a mention... stewards enquiry to follow! Although due to being banned at the start of the season I wasn't in the FSA Champions League :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

roryc wrote: »
    I was one of the founding members of the No Ramsey or Yaya club and I don't even get a mention... stewards enquiry to follow! Although due to being banned at the start of the season I wasn't in the FSA Champions League :o
    Well we are looking for a replacement entrant aren't we ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Who is this Yaya Toure of which you speak?? I think you must be spelling his first name wrong?? I heard everyone raving about Toure as the player to get and I duly went and purchased him for my team, I didn't find him much use though and eventually sold him on. As I said though, you have spelt his name wrong, it's spelt KOLO, yep I had him for a long time like everyone told me to do "get toure in" so really can't figure out why I finished bottom of the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm not involved in the InterToto (having had Ramsey *cough*) but great opening post, Mr P! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm in the Europa but this feels like home

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's about I brought this thread back to life. Are we all happy for one team to have a bye in the first round as there's only the 15 teams due to Jimw1988 closing his account and apparently deleting his team if memory serves me right?

It makes the most sense really. I might try and do the draw tomorrow and have it done and out of the way as GW27 isn't too far away.

It's about I brought this thread back to life. Are we all happy for one team to have a bye in the first round as there's only the 15 teams due to Jimw1988 closing his account and apparently deleting his team if memory serves me right?

It makes the most sense really. I might try and do the draw tomorrow and have it done and out of the way as GW27 isn't too far away.
    Yeah it's grand, I don't mind not having a match, I'll take the bye...

Ok folks the moment of truth is here and the draw has been made. First up though just a list of the participants and their team IDs for easy access to their team and scores:

A CSF: 30683
    B jimw1988
    C Swiper the Fox: 663541
    D Hogey007: 40492
    E kennyb3: 317941
    F prettyboy81: 92233
    G F1ngers: 23060
    H Who_8_Paul?: 74989
    I blockedPaT: 18546
    J richieffff: 105787
    K greensausage: 14187
    L kevinroche3333: 46618
    M Dahat: 24099
    N Mr.Prodston: 47478
    O unkymo: 4020
    P Weetabix: 34586

*Drum roll*

The first (annual) draw for the FSA Intertoto Cup is as follows:

bjsx3.jpg

That means that Hogey007 is the lucky recipient of the bye in the first round where the winner between CSF and Richieffff will lie in wait.

As stated in the first post these will be 2 legged knockouts with aggregate scoring. In the event of a tie over 2 legs "away goals" will come into play i.e. whoever scored more points in their "away" tie. Those in the first bracket of their draw will play at home first and away secondly. For example I play KennyB3 at home first and then away.

The first legs kick-off from the 22nd of February.

Round of 16 First Leg: GW 27
    Round of 16 Second Leg: GW30

Quarter Finals First Leg: GW 33
    Quarter Finals Second Leg: GW34

Semi Finals First Leg: GW36
    Semi Finals Second Leg: GW37

Final: GW38.

Best of luck now folks and I hope everything has been made clear. The draw was conducted online with a random generation here: http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator

Good work, richieffff I look forward to having a look at your team when I get home from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

They way my luck has been in competitions this season I am expecting very little success in this Cup...

i'm sure i'll find a way to screw up my 'bye' and get knocked out before the quarter finals :D

Oky dokey folks. The first leg of the round of 16 takes place this weekend GW27.

Greensausage vs BlockedPat
    Swiper the fox vs Dahat
    Hogey007 (bye)
    CSF vs richiefff
    Mr.Prodston vs kennyb3
    kevinroche3333 vs Unkymo
    F1ngers vs Weetabix
    Prettyboy81 vs Who_8_Paul?

I'm sure some of the contestants are aware this goes ahead anyway :pac:

The two bob cup commences!

Odds on to be knocked out.

And so the Unfortunates are left to deal with the shame of the Two Bob Cup but a win is a win so hoping i can at least muster a place in the next round.

16 points behind already, need a Sturridge/Adebayor masterclass tomorrow to put me back in contention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just seen this now, fair play. Must check how I am doing, oh the tension :D

CSF wrote: »
    16 points behind already, need a Sturridge/Adebayor masterclass tomorrow to put me back in contention.

Sturridge definitely being very helpful.

7 pts in front Ade v Paulinho, I have Ade,cautiously optimistic.

Actually won a match, be gorra be jaysus!

I have no idea what I was looking at last night, but it definitely wasn't the correct team. 28 points ahead going into the second leg.

• Advertisement

Just realised there is a Second Leg, short lived excitement at qualifying but i still carry a 10pt lead into the Second Leg.

Bump for the silent thread....

Anyone care to tally the scores so far? (i will be honest,far too lazy myself)

Nice to meet you Hogey007

Out 99-93 by rough calculations.... **** it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

dahat wrote: »
    Out 99-93 by rough calculations.... **** it anyway

Great news because if I'm not mistaken you were playing me:pac:

Great news because if I'm not mistaken you were playing me:pac:

Yep, only rough calculation so hold off till confirmation, even if the Suarez assist is given I still lose out.
    Getting Silva in was the difference.

Yep, only rough calculation so hold off till confirmation, even if the Suarez assist is given I still lose out.
    Getting Silva in was the difference.

Ya, I haven't been paying much attention recently and couldn't afford Yaya, it worked out well for this week anyway. Lambert and Coleman did well for me also.

Ya, I haven't been paying much attention recently and couldn't afford Yaya, it worked out well for this week anyway. Lambert and Coleman did well for me also.

Thought when Lambert was benched I was quids in with a 10pt lead as well. Had no luck in any of these competitions this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thought when Lambert was benched I was quids in with a 10pt lead as well. Had no luck in any of these competitions this season.

That Chico yellow ;)

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    That Chico yellow ;)

Gentle reminder of more horrid luck,awful season really

Nice to meet you Hogey007

oh am i only entering this now ha ha? this is the longest I've ever lasted in one of these cups in terms of days since the thread was started :D

I forgot all about this monster I've created, if I'm after going through it'll be greatest miracle known to mankind....

I forgot all about this monster I've created, if I'm after going through it'll be greatest miracle known to mankind....

...and Kennyb3 has beaten me 104-85. Congrats :)

If I don't tally up the results now I never will!

Greensausage 90 - 126 BlockedPat
    Swiper the fox 99 - 93 Dahat
    Hogey007 (bye)
    CSF 118 - 86 richiefff
    Mr.Prodston 85 - 104 kennyb3
    kevinroche3333 105 - 98 Unkymo
    F1ngers 80 - 107 Weetabix
    Prettyboy81 98 - 115 Who_8_Paul?

The quarter finals are:

BlockedPat vs Swiper the fox
    Hogey007 vs CSF
    Kennyb3 vs kevinroche3333
    Weetabix vs Who_8_Paul?

They will take place in GW33 and GW34. Best of luck folks!

Hogey007 (bye)

Ah no, he does have SOME chance.

• Advertisement

Ah no, he does have SOME chance.

:pac:

More than I do anyway :o

Suarez assist adjustment just makes mm it worse as I now lose by 1 point.

If I don't tally up the results now I never will!

Greensausage 90 - 126 BlockedPat
    Swiper the fox 99 - 93 Dahat
    Hogey007 (bye)
    CSF 118 - 86 richiefff
    Mr.Prodston 85 - 104 kennyb3
    kevinroche3333 105 - 98 Unkymo
    F1ngers 80 - 107 Weetabix
    Prettyboy81 98 - 115 Who_8_Paul?

The quarter finals are:

BlockedPat vs Swiper the fox
    Hogey007 vs CSF
    Kennyb3 vs kevinroche3333
    Weetabix vs Who_8_Paul?

They will take place in GW33 and GW34. Best of luck folks!

See Lemlin is promoting the other competitions in their threads, next week sees the Quarters for this as well, lets see if we can generate a bit of excitement:o:pac:

See Lemlin is promoting the other competitions in their threads, next week sees the Quarters for this as well, lets see if we can generate a bit of excitement:o:pac:

just looked at this for the first time in detail and seen the second leg is on the DGW,

i'll do like Jose used to and name my DGW players now*

Mannone
    Distin
    Ward
    Coleman
    Toure
    Lukaku

I have 2 FT's this week and then a transfer next week so i'd like to add 1 if not 2 more city players, don't want to move until I've seen what's happening with aguero.

I already have my full quoto from everton, no one else from sunderland interests me as I already have mannone and already have 3 DGW defenders and plan to play 3-4-3.
    hence, also ruling out anymore palace defenders.

so most likely I will have 7-8 DGW players.

*just to avoid confusion, Jose didn't actually name his DGW players for a fantasy football game, he used to name most of his starting 11 on a Friday.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    just looked at this for the first time in detail and seen the second leg is on the DGW,

i'll do like Jose used to and name my DGW players now*

Mannone
    Distin
    Ward
    Coleman
    Toure
    Lukaku

I have 2 FT's this week and then a transfer next week so i'd like to add 1 if not 2 more city players, don't want to move until I've seen what's happening with aguero.

I already have my full quoto from everton, no one else from sunderland interests me as I already have mannone and already have 3 DGW defenders and plan to play 3-4-3.
    hence, also ruling out anymore palace defenders.

so most likely I will have 7-8 DGW players.

*just to avoid confusion, Jose didn't actually name his DGW players for a fantasy football game, he used to name most of his starting 11 on a Friday.

I'm against you with Baines, Lukaku, Ward, Hart, Silva and Toure. Unlikely to add more DGW players to that but who knows.

• Advertisement

I'm against you with Baines, Lukaku, Ward, Hart, Silva and Toure. Unlikely to add more DGW players to that but who knows.

ah well at least there's nice variety to it so, with me not having any city defenders yet and you having 2, that could cost me.

I am likely to have either silva or aguero. I currently have Mata so will most likely move him for silva.
    I had always planned on getting Kompany in but I don't see the sense in dropping one of the other DGW defenders and don't think I'll play a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 either.
    Only way that will happen is if Mata has a field day v Newcastle and I just decide to bench him rather than sell him.

ah well at least there's nice variety to it so, with me not having any city defenders yet and you having 2, that could cost me.

I am likely to have either silva or aguero. I currently have Mata so will most likely move him for silva.
    I had always planned on getting Kompany in but I don't see the sense in dropping one of the other DGW defenders and don't think I'll play a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 either.
    Only way that will happen is if Mata has a field day v Newcastle and I just decide to bench him rather than sell him.
    Yeah actually I'd say it's a given I won't be adding any more DGW to the equation. I may decide to not sell Johnson this week, but that is unlikely.

ok I'm up against CSF and here is the differnces in our team

me
    CSF
    Marshall
    Hart
    Coleman
    Baines
    Ward
    Azpilicueta
    Chester
    Naughton
    Lallana
    Eriksen
    Mata
    Silva

I think you very much have the advantage this week but it's over 2 legs so you never know.

ok I'm up against CSF and here is the differnces in our team

me
    CSF
    Marshall
    Hart
    Coleman
    Baines
    Ward
    Azpilicueta
    Chester
    Naughton
    Lallana
    Eriksen
    Mata
    Silva

I think you very much have the advantage this week but it's over 2 legs so you never know.
    Best of luck buddy, may the best man win.

Best of luck buddy, may the best man win.
    Cheers, best of luck too.

Reckon I'll be needing approx 20 points from Eriksen and Naughton (or Baines penalty/freekick magic) to avoid going into 2nd leg behind. At this stage I'd be happy to be less than 10 points behind though.

Reckon I'll be needing approx 20 points from Eriksen and Naughton (or Baines penalty/freekick magic) to avoid going into 2nd leg behind. At this stage I'd be happy to be less than 10 points behind though.
    I was scarily right. 20 points would have seen me drawing. 1 point off won't hurt my feelings too much going into the 2nd leg though.

I was scarily right. 20 points would have seen me drawing. 1 point off won't hurt my feelings too much going into the 2nd leg though.

fecking eriksen :mad:

i finished up on 71, you were 70 then were you?

leaves it nicely poised for the 2nd leg.

I've already brought in silva for mata and have 1 ft remaining, as per the transfer thread I'm strongly thinking of taking a gamble on aguero in for sturridge, will see what is said about him in the press conference friday.

fecking eriksen :mad:

i finished up on 71, you were 70 then were you?

leaves it nicely poised for the 2nd leg.

I've already brought in silva for mata and have 1 ft remaining, as per the transfer thread I'm strongly thinking of taking a gamble on aguero in for sturridge, will see what is said about him in the press conference friday.

70 yeah. Think I'm banking it.

I'm defending a 45 point lead against BlockedPat this weekend. Safe to say I'll be in the draw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement