Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Seats?

• 05-10-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Well lads.
    I'm going to be buying my first car tomorrow/early this week - I've a choice between a 1.6 Levin, or a 2.0 Vectra currently. Both have some visual stuff done.
    The first thing I'm looking at picking up for whichever I pick, is a set of bucket seats.
    Now, I'm not too sure if they'll look good in a Vectra. I've never really seen seats like that in a big car. Anyone go some input for me?
    If I decide on the Levin, I think they'd fit right at home.
    The only problem is, I've no idea where to actually browser, or buy 'em for a decent price. Anyone know somewhere around the south-east or online that has them at a good price?
    You can probably tell I'm completely new to this whole scene, so any, and all help is welcomed, as I plan on more little upgrades as time goes on.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

When you say bucket seats, post up a pic of something similar to what you have in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

$(KGrHqV,!gsE9wz0FB24BPoUgeit-g~~60_35.JPG?set_id=8800004005

Something along the lines of these is what I have in mind myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How did you end up at a vectra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I agree with Colm 2.0 Vectra or 1.6 Levin seems like a very wierd and mismatched set of options, the are entirely unsimilar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just two different cars that I like, and can afford. I don't have a particular car that I'm after, rather just a few that I don't like that much.
    Always been a fan of big cars, like A4's, Vectra's, Mondeo's, etc.
    I've turned my attention to a Levin, as they seem well priced. A friend drives one himself, and swears by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The best and easiest option for upgrading seats is to get the seats from a higher spec'd model of the same car , so for the vectra for example look out for second hand seats from a Vectra OPC or what ever the equivalent was at the time. I think all out bucket seats like the ones you linked would look daft in a vectra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Mister Man wrote: »
    $(KGrHqV,!gsE9wz0FB24BPoUgeit-g~~60_35.JPG?set_id=8800004005

Something along the lines of these is what I have in mind myself.

Seats like these will also be crap in a Levin as you won't be able to let people into the back. There was a factory option recaro interior for the levin which has seats front and back and matching door cards etc etc. AFAIK one sold on TOC for about €800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I agree with what's been said above, those seats would look sh!te in a Vectra, not much better in the Levin either tbh. Don't buy some cheap seats just for the sake of it. A buddy of mine had a Levin a few years back and he bought Recaros from a DC5 and got some rails made up, they looked great in it and they can allow people to get in and out of the back. He paid €600 for them about 4 years ago IIRC.

Looked like these

recarored.jpg

You'd pick up second hand Recaros from a DC2 for a decent price I'd say, lovely seats too. Sign up to the likes of DTDIRL and keep an eye on the classified forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Accourd Type R Recaros and Evo Recaros are in Dark colours and look sensible ish.

I always liked M3 Leather seats

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-99-06-BMW-E46-M3-Vert-Front-Seats-NO-RESERVE-Black-Pair-/261301980887

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Accourd Type R Recaros and Evo Recaros are in Dark colours and look sensible ish.

I always liked M3 Leather seats

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-99-06-BMW-E46-M3-Vert-Front-Seats-NO-RESERVE-Black-Pair-/261301980887

Wouldn't be gone in the M3 ones personally but the Accord ones are lovely, usually pop up a lot cheaper than the ones I mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You'd pick up second hand Recaros from a DC2 for a decent price I'd say, lovely seats too.
    Yes they are, but with any sort of mileage the bolster wear can be a right issue.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement