Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price increases and decreases watch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hogey007 wrote: »
    you can word stats how you like, the fact of the matter is, he got 2 goals in 3 games, couldn't care less if he's on the sidelines ordering hot dogs as long as he scores. if he doesn't score away to arsenal i won't lose sleep over it.
    The fear is that Tottenham won't continue to get penalties and that his tally from open play won't significantly improve. To stay one step ahead of the rest it is important to analyse how and why things happened in the past rather than just the stats that indicate they did happen. Helps to give a solid indicator of if the ratio is one that can be maintained over a larger sample size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭skippy15

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is Sturridge a must have this season? I think when Suarez comes back, it could effect him.... To transfer him in or not before the rise. He does have 2 favourable fixtures coming up before that...

EDIT: This is with a wildcard too. Transfering him out for Lambert, who also has favourable fixtures coming up :/

I actually think Sturidge will benefit more when Suarez comes back, in terms or goals and assists. Firmly believe pool will start racking up 3/4 0 wins instead of 1-0. End of Last season and pre season, sturidge is the main striker- Suarez played out wide left of the front three. Sturidge isnt on any set pieces, so I think keeper and is in my wildcard team 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

skippy15 wrote: »
    I actually think Sturidge will benefit more when Suarez comes back, in terms or goals and assists. Firmly believe pool will start racking up 3/4 0 wins instead of 1-0. End of Last season and pre season, sturidge is the main striker- Suarez played out wide left of the front three. Sturidge isnt on any set pieces, so I think keeper and is in my wildcard team 100%

That's a point they made on MoTD last week. Liverpool only created two chances against Villa so Sturridge is living on scraps.

They should be alot more creative when Suarez returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Giroud, Sturridge and Brady have all just risen.

Collins, Mignolet and more than likely Yaya Toure should do the same this time tomorrow. Dawson, McGregor and Zabaleta are outsiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is Sturridge a must have this season? I think when Suarez comes back, it could effect him.... To transfer him in or not before the rise. He does have 2 favourable fixtures coming up before that...

EDIT: This is with a wildcard too. Transfering him out for Lambert, who also has favourable fixtures coming up :/

I'll probably swap him out for Suarez once he's back, but definitely worth it for the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

How did James Collins not go up last night?

Yaya Toure and Mignolet definitely going up tonight it seems. James Collins should get there.

Zabaleta and Hernandez are two to keep an eye on.

Giroud is already 33.5% on the way to another rise, lots of forward momentum for him and he'll inevitably get another increase soon which is good news for owners. Sturridge is 28.6% in the way to another rise and like Giroud, will probably get it.
    How did James Collins not go up last night?

He was almost there. He's only had 87 transfers in today but is still at 99.3%. If another few people transfer him in he'll get there. He certainly will over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Paully D wrote: »
    He was almost there. He's only had 87 transfers in today but is still at 99.3%. If another few people transfer him in he'll get there. He certainly will over the next couple of days.

It's not looking good for him getting the all important second rise though as he was stuck on 99% for most of yesterday too.

It's not looking good for him getting the all important second rise though as he was stuck on 99% for most of yesterday too.

Very unlikely to happen I'd imagine.

Giroud, Sturridge and Yaya Toure are all probably likely to get the second rise as they seem to have a lot of forward momentum.

That will probably be about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Giroud, Sturridge and Yaya Toure are all probably likely to get the second rise as they seem to have a lot of forward momentum.

And problem is I think I want those 3 now unless I drop Sturridge for Benteke or Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Is Koscielny in for a .2 decrease tonight or am I imagining things?

And problem is I think I want those 3 now unless I drop Sturridge for Benteke or Soldado

That isn't necessarily a problem. The value of having 3 positions filled by players you want at a lower price than they can currently bought at, is just as good as having that extra .3 to spend on alternatives IMO, if those are the players you want. If later on they aren't anymore, you still have that .3 unless you're on the wrong end of a price drop.

Ice87 wrote: »
    Is Koscielny in for a .2 decrease tonight or am I imagining things?

Nope. He'll stay at £5.4m judging by Total FPL. 106 transfers in today (0.3% on the way to a rise).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

id add coleman zab brady to that list with frazer campbell if he keeps getting transfers at the rate he is in with a great chanxe aswell. Enrique is getting a fair few transfers in also. Hernandez looking good aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

The new guys on TOtalFPL site haven't moved today any reason for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

The "change today" column on totalfpl is the crucial information for anyone on a wildcard looking for players to rise .2 before finalising your team.
    There you can see that Giroud Sturridge Hernandez and Yaya are all being heavily transferred in daily and garauntee .2 increases in this gameweek with most being .3 risers.
    Frazier Campbell will be really close tonight and if he doesnt rise until tomorrow night he will still be very likely to rise another .1 by friday week.
    Remember that alot of transfers occur on the thursday night and friday before the saturday morning deadline, which is more than a week away still.
    Collins looks like rising tonight but is only increasing by 1 or 2 per cent per day so has absolutely no chance of rising another .1 this gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

New guys will be frozen, at least until the next GW.

New players on FPL are protected from price changes for a period of time. How long this is i am not sure, though i have read 8 days elsewhere. Ozil already has over 60k transfers in today but cannot rise in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

New players on FPL are protected from price changes for a period of time. How long this is i am not sure, though i have read 8 days elsewhere. Ozil already has over 60k transfers in today but cannot rise in price.

Makes perfect sense, otherwise it'd almost certainly be a guaranteed 0.3mill rise for any half decent import... and no import could ever go down from their original price either as you can't have a negative NTI from 0.

That didnt stop me from panicking a bit about Ozil earlier when I wasn't 100% :)

So is yaya definitely gonna go up another .2? Should I get him in for ozil, then switch back after he rises?

• Advertisement

So is yaya definitely gonna go up another .2? Should I get him in for ozil, then switch back after he rises?

Yaya only went up in price last night, but yes i would say he will probably rise by another .2 by friday night week. It could be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yaya only went up in price last night, but yes i would say he will probably rise by another .2 by friday night week. It could be close.

Acording to fiso no players went up in price last night, despite a number of them being over the 100% mark.

<confused>

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Acording to fiso no players went up in price last night, despite a number of them being over the 100% mark.

<confused>
    FISO is way off at this stage. TotalFPL only had James Collins as slightly over the 100% mark and nobody else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mint Sauce wrote: »

<confused>

Don't use FISO, they don't seem to have grasped this years rise/fall criteria yet.

TotlaFPL seems to get it's predictions right about 90% of the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

F1ngers wrote: »
    Don't use FISO, they don't seem to have grasped this years rise/fall criteria yet.

TotlaFPL seems to get it's predictions right about 90% of the time.

TotalFPL are pretty spot on. FISO are out by about 20% from what I've read on FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

This may have already been discussed but...

anywhere on the TotalFPL site that explains how the price rise/fall works?

thanks

Do we reckon Frazier Campbell will rise again after tonight? Also can anyone make up my mind whether or not to keep Soldado :pac:

Also Bony seems to be going down to 7.8 tonight

Hmm interesting *strokes beard*

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Do we reckon Frazier Campbell will rise again after tonight? Also can anyone make up my mind whether or not to keep Soldado :pac:

I also have Soldado but i'm willing to let him go.

ive been having the same dilemma im going to stick with soldado.If only giroud went up last nite i wouldve switched giroud to campbell as im not keeping giroud.

• Advertisement

ive been having the same dilemma im going to stick with soldado.If only giroud went up last nite i wouldve switched giroud to campbell as im not keeping giroud.

I've got an urge to give Lamela a chance even from the get go which would mean letting Soldado go but I'm also toying with keeping both Giroud and Walcott so I dunno. I'd lose .2 on Soldado to try and get .1 so I might leave this ship sail just to give myself options next week.

Ohh.. I'm keeping Giroud.

I can't see why you wouldn't keep him now.. He has world class supply but no competition to his place as main front man?

I've got an urge to give Lamela a chance even from the get go which would mean letting Soldado go but I'm also toying with keeping both Giroud and Walcott so I dunno. I'd lose .2 on Soldado to try and get .1 so I might leave this ship sail just to give myself options next week.

have been thinking of lamela instead of soldado myself.But think im going to go walcott ozil soldado rather than walcott lamela giroud.

have been thinking of lamela instead of soldado myself.But think im going to go walcott ozil soldado rather than walcott lamela giroud.

Yes.. but have we all not decided that the value is in defenders and strikers?

I'm going (very) strong at the back, with Silva and Ozil in mid (with Redmond, Brady, W-P)

Upfront - RVP, Giroud, Lukaku

My biggest regret of the season has been not listening to Moreau's advice on Giroud. I thought Walcott was the better option from the start but Giroud now looks like a fantastic prospect. Ozil should be feeding both him and Walcott so I'm willing to forgo his assists for the goals *in theory :pac: *

Posada wrote: »
    Yes.. but have we all not decided that the value is in defenders and strikers?

I'm going (very) strong at the back, with Silva and Ozil in mid (with Redmond, Brady, W-P)

Upfront - RVP, Giroud, Lukaku

ye i think ill have much the same structure as yourself just that my two expensive mids will come from the same team walcott and ozil. Mr p ythat advice from moreau was spot on and giroud seems a great option i prefer walcott myself though and surely it would be madness for me to go ozil walcott and giroud

ye i think ill have much the same structure as yourself just that my two expensive mids will come from the same team walcott and ozil. Mr p ythat advice from moreau was spot on and giroud seems a great option i prefer walcott myself though and surely it would be madness for me to go ozil walcott and giroud

You have good thoughts Busts. This is price wise rubbish talk though. (?)

Not Walcott AND Ozil.

only Ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone gonna gamble with Ozil, Walcott and Giroud?

• Advertisement

Campbell should rise tonight and for anyone for wildcard like myself im hopeful of getting another rise out of him by saturday week.
    Soldaldo or Lamela seems to be a conundrum for you? For me its crucial that Soldaldo is a captaincy option, especially if u are going without RVP. Having one of your main strikers who is not a rotation risk and is on penalties is a big plus. Midfielders not getting the bonus points for assists either so Lamela needs to be scoring some goals, he certainly seems like a big talent, but for me he is young and new to the prem so consistency is a doubt. Midfield is very hard to pick at the moment, but of the premium mids Walcott, Hazard are of similar price yet id be far more comfortable with them than Lamela currently. But the caveat on my advice is that im an avid Gooner so Spurs midfield is sh*te anyways :P

Campbell should rise tonight and for anyone for wildcard like myself im hopeful of getting another rise out of him by saturday week.
    Soldaldo or Lamela seems to be a conundrum for you? For me its crucial that Soldaldo is a captaincy option, especially if u are going without RVP. Having one of your main strikers who is not a rotation risk and is on penalties is a big plus. Midfielders not getting the bonus points for assists either so Lamela needs to be scoring some goals, he certainly seems like a big talent, but for me he is young and new to the prem so consistency is a doubt. Midfield is very hard to pick at the moment, but of the premium mids Walcott, Hazard are of similar price yet id be far more comfortable with them than Lamela currently. But the caveat on my advice is that im an avid Gooner so Spurs midfield is sh*te anyways :P

Paragraphs my friend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Paragraphs my friend?
    You have good thoughts Busts. This is price wise rubbish talk though. (?)

the thread police was out in force last night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Anyone gonna gamble with Ozil, Walcott and Giroud?

I'm seriously considering it, I'm wildcarding at the moment so won't decide for sure til next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I wonder if Ozil will even start next week.

Pablo Hernandez continues to get transferred in - already risen 0.1 and half way to another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Santi101 wrote: »
    I wonder if Ozil will even start next week.

The biggest transfer in Arsenal's history? Probably will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

irish son wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering it, I'm wildcarding at the moment so won't decide for sure til next weekend.

What will ya do the weeks Arsenal lose 1-0 to Norwich or play Chelsea and it ends 0-0?

Three attacking players from one team is something I'd never do personally. I've often had an attacker and midfielder, or maybe even two mids or two strikers from one team but three attackers from a team is massive overkill IMO. Particularly in a team as inconsistent as Arsenal.

KingJamsie wrote: »
    The biggest transfer in Arsenal's history? Probably will.

Just a feeling.

2 games for Germany followed by 3 in 8 days for Arsenal....... Sunderland away, Marseille away, Stoke home. IMO if he didn't start any of those 3 games, it would be Sunderland.

I'm not rushing to get Ozil in anyway.....not easy to hit the ground running in England but if he does, I have Theo and Giroud for the upcoming games who you would expect to benefit the most from Ozil's quality.

Mind you I could be talking total rubbish there but I think there's enough reasons to NOT get Ozil in straight away.

And this is spoken as an Arsenal fan who hasn't been as excited by a transfer since Bergkamp in 1995!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Santi101 wrote: »
    Mind you I could be talking total rubbish there but I think there's enough reasons to NOT get Ozil in straight away.

And this is spoken as an Arsenal fan who hasn't been as excited by a transfer since Bergkamp in 1995!

I'm going with Giroud this week, but might swap him out for Lukaku the following week, and get Ozil into my midfield. Not convinced that Giroud's form will last.

• Advertisement
Advertisement