Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The windscreen

Options
  • 22-11-2012 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Just washed and cleaned my car yesterday (it was badly needed) and I can never get the windscreen streak free no matter how much my arm hurts from rubbing it with a cloth be it internally or externally. I use TurtleWax Window cleaner on the inside and Rain-X on the outside.

Anyone have any idea's on how to get a streak free finish/better products. I never have any problems using said products on the other windows!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Orchard Autocare Glass Cleanse, Chemical Guys Glassworkz or Autoglym Fast Glass are glass cleaners that I'd recommend.
    I like Glass Cleanse as it can be diluted with water, so I add some to my windscreen washer bottle and it gives a nice streak/shudder free pass of the wiper blades. Shouldn't effect the RainX either.

Strange that the RainX isn't buffing off streak free. Are the cloths you are using to buff clean? Perhaps the outside needs a good degrease and clay before re-applying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It could just be the inside that is what I am seeing as being streaked. But yeah I will try and get some of the products you mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

+1 on the Autoglym Fast Glass, I use it inside & out, applied with a microfibre cloth. BTW Rain-X is best applied to a spotless screen, not used as a cleaner itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Oh yeah I do use it on the glass after I have washed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

For tougher cleaning, I've found Autoglym Glass Polish very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I using some hot water and suds then I claybarred my windscreen inside and out. Then finished off wtih AG fastglass. Smear free ladd :). The 'ol one used to use a cut potatoe and news paper to clean the windows and prevent fogging. I haven't tried that myself now but could be a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Chimaera wrote: »
    For tougher cleaning, I've found Autoglym Glass Polish very good.

Got some of this free before, found it very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Another poster here using Autoglym glass polish. Brilliant stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Same as above. The glass polish never leaves a streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Must purchase some of this glass polish tomorrow. Where would be the cheapest place to buy it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement