Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a part for a Peugeot 406 - 1998 petrol

Options
  • 19-11-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking everywhere for a car part but cant find it. It's the air intake pipe / tube that connects the air filter box and the throttle body. I was taking the air box out and I snapped one of the little tubes that are attached to the tube I'm talking about.

I've rung around as many breakers yards etc, including Traynors in the north but they all say they dont have the part.

I need to find someone who has a peugeot 406 petrol (1998) ready for the scrap heap but hasn't been dismantled yet.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Inlet pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dgriff

dgt wrote: »
    Inlet pipe?

No, not the inlet pipe. Air intake tube that connects the air box to the throttle body. looks like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Have you thought about repairing it if you have the broken bit? Araldite works wonders.
    I can give you a couple of scrap-yard contacts in Cork if you want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dgriff

Have you thought about repairing it if you have the broken bit? Araldite works wonders.
    I can give you a couple of scrap-yard contacts in Cork if you want them.

I actually tried Araldite. It worked great until the engine heated up and the araldite went soft and the broken pipe got separated again.
    I'm based in Dublin so I'll hold off on the Cork contacts .... for the moment anyway. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

done deal or partfinder.ie might show up with something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

there is a for sale /wanted thread in classic cars on boards here even if its not a classic some of the guys like old peugeots , might be worth a try good luck with it

Advertisement