Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polo 6n glove box will not open.

• 08-11-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭

Suddenly the glove box in my 6n will not open. I have never locked it , but the key will not turn in the lock now anyway. One of the two buttons on the sides of the lock seems odd, it doesn't spring out all the way. I can open it about a quarter inch and see a bit of the lock. Any ideas (up to but not including a crow bar)? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I don't have a polo 6n, but that's what I found in internet:

227846.jpg

It's glovebox's lock inside view (from top).

Two small fellas keep everything closed (these ones in orange squares).

Now, you need to bend glovebox out as much as you can, and using 2 tiny screwdrivers (or sth. similar) push them both at the same time (as arrowed).

I guess it may be tricky, but you won't succeed - unless you try. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

That's great, I'll give it a try.

Unregistered Users

Success or fail? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Any chanced its just locked??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

Well,I had a good look at it with a pair of jeweller's screwdrivers trying to move the wee tabs, but no luck so far. The ignition key won't turn in the lock, but then I've never locked it before. Oh well, must try harder.

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Try maybe longer screwdrivers. :)

Can you see them tabs at least?

Advertisement