Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 34 captain poll

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Puncheon. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

so who should everybody have captained?

Silva!

Lukaku has been a busted flush on so many occassion, even a DGW when bang in form couldnt bring me to captain him because his inconsistency is still evident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dempsey wrote: »
    Silva!

Lukaku has been a busted flush on so many occassion, even a DGW when bang in form couldnt bring me to captain him because his inconsistency is still evident

Silva is also inconsistent, his recent good form came after a lean spell where he got 2 assists in 6 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Silva!

thats only the 3rd time this season lukaku has gone 2 gws without getting a goal or an assist. The fact that he has let a lot of us down a few times when we have captained him is just an unfortunate coincidence IMO. He was in decent form had 2 good fixtures and his team had just won 6 on the bounce. I did give silva some consideration but pellegrennis comments about him carrying an injury put me off.
    Total fpl do a points prediction based on bookies odds of clean sheets, assists, goals Mirallas was predicted to get the most points this week closely followed by lukaku.
    http://totalfpl.com/esbo

Fair play for calling it on a number of times so convincingly but I personally dont think there was a better option this week.

Silva is also inconsistent, his recent good form came after a lean spell where he got 2 assists in 6 games.

Silva has history of being remarkably consistent, maybe not shown that this season but he's more than capable. Lukaku has never been consistent, ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

He's consistently inconsistent.

thats only the 3rd time this season lukaku has gone 2 gws without getting a goal or an assist. The fact that he has let a lot of us down a few times when we have captained him is just an unfortunate coincidence IMO. He was in decent form had 2 good fixtures and his team had just won 6 on the bounce. I did give silva some consideration but pellegrennis comments about him carrying an injury put me off.
    Total fpl do a points prediction based on bookies odds of clean sheets, assists, goals Mirallas was predicted to get the most points this week closely followed by lukaku.
    http://totalfpl.com/esbo

Fair play for calling it on a number of times so convincingly but I personally dont think there was a better option this week.

Thats the mistake everyone makes. A coincidence that keeps happening is called a what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Silva has history of being remarkably consistent, maybe not shown that this season but he's more than capable. Lukaku has never been consistent, ever!

In fairness to Lukaku, this is only his second full season in the PL. Last season, he outscored Silva. Think people are being too harsh on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Silva!

I was very much tempted by Silva. But Pellegrini said he's been playing through pain for the last while and he's needed something like 2 to 3 days rest after each game to recover. So I expected him to be rested tonight. He then only had the toughest fixture to play for as captain. Way too risky.

I wasn't feeling great about captaining Lukaku in fairness. But my vice was Yaya... Lukaku was largely winning FFS, Totalfpl and this forum poll for captain. He was on form. He f*cked up big time. That happens.

I don't think it was that important in the end. What made or broke most teams this week is Crystal Palace. Puncheon and Speroni particularly. Anyone who owned them both probably had a great GW and vice versa.

People are over reliant on TotalFPL & Captain Polls when the obvious is staring them in the face. Happy to follow the crowd because its statistically a safe enough bet.

Sticking the armband on the big game players in the big games is often a solid choice barring injury like Toure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

People are over reliant on TotalFPL & Captain Polls when the obvious is staring them in the face. Happy to follow the crowd because its statistically a safe enough bet.

Sticking the armband on the big game players in the big games is often a solid choice barring injury like Toure.

So who were you going to give it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thats the mistake everyone makes. A coincidence that keeps happening is called a what?

Ive captained him 3 times Sun H Cardiff H and Sun A Pal H 2 pts in each game. In 25 games that he has got significant game time he has returned atleast 5 pts 16 times thats 64% of the time close enough to 2 in every 3 games he gets 5 pts thats pretty consistent in my opinion. The odds were stacked in his favour this gameweek he just didnt deliver.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So who were you going to give it to?

I usually make my mind up about captaincy early in the week, usually an obvious choice but for me, there wasnt this week. I loathed to give it Lukaku despite him ticking alot of boxes.

other choices included Yaya Toure & Silva but I wasnt gone on them at all tbh despite DGW's. Left it to Suarez because he's an in form big match player playing in a big match and he's consistent. I knew he wasnt going to be the biggest scorer but he'd manage a score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I usually make my mind up about captaincy early in the week, usually an obvious choice but for me, there wasnt this week. I loathed to give it Lukaku despite him ticking alot of boxes.

other choices included Yaya Toure & Silva but I wasnt gone on them at all tbh despite DGW's. Left it to Suarez because he's an in form big match player playing in a big match and he's consistent. I knew he wasnt going to be the biggest scorer but he'd manage a score.

you left it on Suarez?? strange that the below says you forgot to change it....
    I forgot to change my captain, Suarez it is!

FACK!!

Ace2007 wrote: »
    you left it on Suarez?? strange that the below says you forgot to change it....

Yes, I forgot to look at my team on saturday morning. I'm in the habit of making my captains choice & transfers early as possible barring I'm waiting on something. I wasnt waiting on anything last weekend and I didnt make any transfers because I didnt need to.

If I did I would have probably changed it in a rushed decision, probably burnt a transfer, whilst ignoring that all week looking at it I couldnt justify taking it off the most in form player in the game nor see a transfer I needed to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Just because something doesn't come off, doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice. Realistically, 12 from Silva was the highest you were going to get from your captain, which isn't the biggest loss in the world if you got it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Lukaku what tosh of BuLL$h1t....good that chelsea are discarding him... time after time he has disappointed FPL managers...

Advertisement