Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the consistency?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I don't think either post deserves a card but the one on AH would annoy me more! Different forums have different rules and a feel to them, soccer tends to have a zero tolerance policy on abuse for good reason, AH a bit more relaxed.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Different forums have different charters, you shouldn't expect consistency across forums for these types of posts.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,466 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mitosis wrote: »
    In this post the use of the word "clown" is a yellow card
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89959262&postcount=1550
    Read the Soccer Forum charter, and in particular the Policy on Abuse. This is a forum-specific rule.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Stricter rules are enforced in certain forums for historical reasons. In forums where certain behavior doesn't get out of hand or turn threads into tribal warfare, such restrictions aren't deemed necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi mitosis,

As stated, different forums have different rules, however in this case I do feel it crossed the line.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• Advertisement
Advertisement