Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IT Security Podcasts

Options
  • 11-04-2014 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just wondering if there's any good podcasts anyone listens to that they would recommend. I work in IT Security consultancy / audit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Hi all. Just wondering if there's any good podcasts anyone listens to that they would recommend. I work in IT Security consultancy / audit

Security weekly (formerly pauldotcom) is probably the best.
    Healthy paranoia is another good one.
    Social engineer is a great listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I'm a fan of Jupiter Broadcasting they run several weekly podcasts.

My favourite Linux Action Show (self explanatory)
    and TechSnap is a Sys Admin, Info Sec news podcast, its very good.

I also like their Unfilter show, and Linux Unplugged shows.

The first 2 are worth checking out. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Security Now is a good listen at times. Steve can preach on a bit though (can't link from here but you'll find it easily enough. If not i'll pop back later!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Thanks lads. Will look them all up and give them a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Splinter wrote: »
    Security Now is a good listen at times. Steve can preach on a bit though (can't link from here but you'll find it easily enough. If not i'll pop back later!)

+1 on Security now, up to episode 450 now... Security Now Link

Will definitely check out the others mentioned here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

4 1/2 years ago probably constitutes this being a zombie thread :eek:, but didn't particularly want to start a new one and some old recommendations still appear valid.

On the subject of IT Security Podcasts, some of you may be interested in Darknet Diaries. Link

Description: Stories, investigative reporting and other tales from the hacker community.
    Format: 30/40 minutes generally, which for me is a nice format for commutes.
    Category: Probably fits in the infotainment category rather than being hardcore howtos or anything like that but i've been enjoying it thus far. Its an easy listen.
    Content: Many episodes are interview based and that can lead on occasion to 'sweary' language so if easily offended then it may not be for you though the guy does give some warnings at the start of such shows.

Anything else: (thankfully) None of what is getting to be a customary 10 minutes of "how's your week been going there co-host? Oh mines fine and you, drink much? and lets laugh at something that the audience are not familiar with at all... and beers, and my cat ate my remote ha-ha, blah... blah..." - YAY! - Just the stories and tales.

Anyhow, I thought some folk here might enjoy some of the guy's content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    On the subject of IT Security Podcasts, some of you may be interested in Darknet Diaries. Link

Great podcast. highly Recommend it.

Cyberwire is my most listened to as it's the daily securty news round up in a 20 min clip.

A spin off hacking humans hosted by the same presenter is also a good listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

+1 for Cyberwire

DefensiveSecurity podcast also very good, they would be my 2 regulars. https://defensivesecurity.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kevinbad2010

heard " Malicious life "

and " Hackable? " are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

heard " Malicious life "

and " Hackable? " are pretty good.

Malicious life is quite good more from a malware perspective I find but that's not a bad thing either.

Hackable while decent found it fairly basic in terms of attacks but that's obviously a good thing for people moving into the area or people who have a passing interest.

i'd also add Cyber Security from F-Secure as a good podcast to check out and The OSINT podcast for practical OSINT and threat intel tips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Have you tried the Ubuntu Security podcast? It's pretty short and mostly the guys details the different CVEs they have worked on mitigating in the last period.

https://ubuntusecuritypodcast.org/

Advertisement