Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Disclosure shut down

Options
  • 19-03-2014 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Well, ****.

Looks like a series of complaints from one individual have proven to be too much for the admin.
    I'm not willing to fight this fight any longer. It's getting harder
    to operate an open forum in today's legal climate, let alone a
    security-related one. There is no honour amongst hackers any more.
    There is no real community. There is precious little skill. The
    entire security game is becoming more and more regulated. This is all
    a sign of things to come, and a reflection on the sad state of an
    industry that should never have become an industry.

I'm suspending service indefinitely. Thanks for playing.

I'm very new to looking at this side of things, but this list was always one I saw recommended to newbies like me. Hopefully there will be a clone along soon enough.

EDIT: Ah, for some reason I was mistaking the shutdown to be of the entire seclists.org site. It seems Bugtraq wil still be up and running.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

As a friend and colleague remarked to me earlier today, its a tad ironic that a mailing list called Full Disclosure refuses to reveal the name of the person causing all the grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

http://insecure.org/news/fulldisclosure/

The new list must be run by and for the security community in a vendor-neutral fashion. It will be lightly moderated like the old list, and a volunteer moderation team will be chosen from the active users. As before, this will be a public forum for detailed discussion of vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques, as well as tools, papers, news, and events of interest to the community. FD differs from other security lists in its open nature, light (versus restrictive) moderation, and support for researchers' right to decide how to disclose their own discovered bugs. The full disclosure movement has been credited with forcing vendors to better secure their products and to publicly acknowledge and fix flaws rather than hide them. Vendor legal intimidation and censorship attempts won't be tolerated!

This list is taking a fresh start (rather than importing the old Full Disclosure member addresses), so you need to manually subscribe if you wish to be a member. Here is a handy form for doing so:

https://kevtownsend.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/full-disclosure-shuts-down-again/

Advertisement