Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 33 Matchday Thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

CSF wrote: »
    Would be hard to call Eriksen a bandwagon. Just a very attacking player with some good fixtures.

He started off with great form for Spurs, dropped from first 11, Sherwood reinstated him and has settled into team again, hopefully he does as well next week, undroppable for anyone that has him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

82(-4) thanks to Eriksen.
    Thought he was on for the 3 bonus.
    Should move up the rankings tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Eriksen is the bandwagoniest bandwagon in all of bandwagonville.

He scored 2 goals a few weeks ago and was interviewed after the game, where he said that was the first time he had scored two goals in a football match. Ever. That comment coupled with the fact he's missed so many games recently would have scared away most sane managers. Those that took the risk were rewarded, nice job. If I had Mata, Gerrard and Eriksen this week I'd be going out to buy some lotto tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

roryc wrote: »

He scored 2 goals a few weeks ago and was interviewed after the game, where he said that was the first time he had scored two goals in a football match. Ever. That comment coupled with the fact he's missed so many games recently would have scared away most sane managers. Those that took the risk were rewarded, nice job. If I had Mata, Gerrard and Eriksen this week I'd be going out to buy some lotto tickets.

That is a tad exaggerated :P.

Since he started to play over 75 min football Eriksen FPL record is 2, 9, 3, 13, 9, 6, 5, 2, 1 (58 min), ditched for 4 games, 2, 18. 2, 15. I don't know why he was ditched but it didn't change Spurs chaotic results. For a ~ £7 m midfielder this is pretty decent returns. This is about equivalent to Mirallas returns and Mirallas is regularly praised in here. That said I had Lallana over him during his good spell and can't complain. But if he was a guaranteed starter I'd try get him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gameweek rank of 1306. Quite possibly my best ever.

Pity its a few weeks too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    7 weeks in row in the millionaire (or worse!) club before the last 2 weeks. You are probably better off I dont.

This weeks was a not very inspiring Rooney > Dzeko

Dzeko was a good transfer.

It's a pity you play your cards so close to your chest. Would be interesting to hear your opinion re transfers more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    Dzeko was a good transfer.

It's a pity you play your cards so close to your chest. Would be interesting to hear your opinion re transfers more.

I tend to just forget about the game these days in between game weeks. Too much obsessing over it wasn't healthy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

70, Eriksen saving me from a second disastrous week in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

55 has me at 101k. I did gain some places in my league though so it wasn't a totally bad week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Ended on 83(-4) shouldn't complain but it should have been higher. Made ground up in most of my leagues and joined the 100k club for the 4th time. Just outside the top 5k overall and now is when it gets interesting.

5 GWs left, and it's more about the players my opponents have than the games that are being played at the weekend. Pressure is on :)

• Advertisement

61 points. Down to 1008 in the world. I was 41 ahead in one league going into the weekend and 22 ahead in the other. I'm now 37 ahead in the one I was previously 22 ahead in and 34 ahead in the one I was 41 ahead in. 5 GWs left to protect those leads.

Global ranking target at this stage, given my recent transfer errors, has to be a 3 digit finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Iago wrote: »
    Ended on 83(-4) shouldn't complain but it should have been higher. Made ground up in most of my leagues and joined the 100k club for the 4th time. Just outside the top 5k overall and now is when it gets interesting.

5 GWs left, and it's more about the players my opponents have than the games that are being played at the weekend. Pressure is on :)

Should have been higher? What do you mean by that? That kind of comment can wind some people up.
    Good week for me, about 90 points, inside the top 40k for the first time since week 3.
    Main aim now is to get into the top 20 of the boards qualifier league.

Damn you Eriksen. Dropped three places this week. THREE. Smallest gameweek change ever, must be bang on the average with 61. Lost 4 points on my rival so my lead is now a precarious 10. 3 red arrows in last 4 weeks has seen me drop from 2,600 to 4,600. Hopefully having 8 DGW players this GW will fix that. Luck will likely be the deciding factor again though despite all the preparation. Does Lukaku get the armband or Yaya... Should I play Sturridge or not... Will Barkley start both games... There's only so much you can do before it's in the lap of the gods. Would love to be in the 100k club again this week - it will probably be the decisive point in my private leagues.

iroced wrote: »
    68 pts for me with Mannone left to play. Gerrard was my differential and served me greatly this week.

Up to 777 in the world :D. Hopefully can keep my green arrow tomorrow.
    Annoying to have Rosenior 1st sub though it needed some guts to bench Hazard...

70 points in the end. Despite worse case scenario in yesterday's game, stayed in top 1k (814 to be precise) :D. Would be fantastic if I could hang there.

---

Since the Guardian were spot on about Hazard being benched in their team sheets prediction, can they be generally trusted? I had never really paid attention to them before. So don't know if they get them right more than wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Should have been higher? What do you mean by that? That kind of comment can wind some people up.
    Good week for me, about 90 points, inside the top 40k for the first time since week 3.
    Main aim now is to get into the top 20 of the boards qualifier league.

I made a last minute decision to take a 4 point hit and remove Cahill for Zabletta. In hindsight I should have stuck with my gut and left two Chelsea defenders in and brought Zab in for the next GW. I actually can't rationalise what I was thinking with it...

Cost me 8 points in total for a move that I wasn't 100% on at any point. I'm currently 6 points behind in my main money league so it's cost me there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The chap has done well most of the time when he's been played. He's being played at the moment and has good fixtures at a relatively low price. I'd call it a sensible choice. I only make sensible choices obvz.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

The chap has done well most of the time when he's been played. He's being played at the moment and has good fixtures at a relatively low price. I'd call it a sensible choice. I only make sensible choices obvz.

I agree. I wouldn't call Eriksen a bandwagon. Chap is smashing footballer in a good situation. He's an ideal player for fantasy.

Since the Guardian were spot on about Hazard being benched in their team sheets prediction, can they be generally trusted? I had never really paid attention to them before. So don't know if they get them right more than wrong...

Anyone any idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Anybody notice that Harry Kane didn't get the assist for Adebayor's second goal, his 0.2% ownership must have been raging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone any idea?

guesswork Id imagine. Any of us have as much chance of predicting the team line ups. There is little or no chance anybody in the know told a guardian journalist that hazard wouldnt be starting.

Agreed, I think he's a cracking player. My point is he's a bandwagon and they have definitely paid off this year. Some people pick players for the right reasons, others because they scored highly the previous game. The end result is the same.

Anyway, rather than argue I would prefer to point out that I had to work from home today.

1907600_10203323544666732_6389078089290303904_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Agreed, I think he's a cracking player. My point is he's a bandwagon and they have definitely paid off this year. Some people pick players for the right reasons, others because they scored highly the previous game. The end result is the same.

Anyway, rather than argue I would prefer to point out that I had to work from home today.

I don't see how he is a bandwagon. The transfers have mostly this week, following a hammering by Liverpool. It would have been the fixtures that enticed people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

hazard off injured

What happened Hazard? Just watching now, missed the start.

Unsure if this is good or bad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thinking of doing Mirallas to Eriksen and Bony to Lukaku for this week's transfers (2 free). Mirallas is at risk of rotation and Eriksen has great upcoming fixtures so could be worth it.

That's what I said in the transfers thread. A bit miffed that I didn't go through with it but no good crying over spilt milk as they say. This season has been so frustrating in comparison to last season when everything ran very smoothly for me. Then again I was a newbie to FPL last year and maybe I got more than my fair share of beginner's luck. I have to agree with FutureGuy in relation to his comment on bandwagons. This year has definitely favoured the more casual player for want of a better term.

I finished on 55 despite my lack of Eriksen, Gerrard, Puncheon and Mata. Gained 1,284 places which I'm surprised about thought I might drop a few thousand. I remain in the 140,000s and am now 95 places behind the leader in my money league so that looks like it's unassailable with just 5 gameweeks left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Any reason for the picture?

Deflecting attention away from the Eriksen debate. Anyway in other news, can anyone explain why Mourino has handed a packet of custard creams tonight?

https://vine.co/v/M5Mia3KQFBt

Deflecting attention away from the Eriksen debate. Anyway in other news, can anyone explain why Mourino has handed a packet of custard creams tonight?

https://vine.co/v/M5Mia3KQFBt

Is the clip not fairly self explanatory? The reporter asks him if he'd like one of his favourite biscuits:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1258324/Jose-Mourinho-takes-biscuit-The-Special-One-hob-nobs-press-conference-ahead-Chelsea-clash-PICTURE-SPECIAL.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Double post.

• Advertisement

guesswork Id imagine. Any of us have as much chance of predicting the team line ups. There is little or no chance anybody in the know told a guardian journalist that hazard wouldnt be starting.

Ah cheers mate ;). So I would not give them too much credit then ;).

Advertisement