Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie - Ireland ->> Taking it up a step... (small but big change)

Options
  • 30-03-2014 6:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3

Hello,

We have the people in Ireland and boards.ie, firstly the people of Ireland are really lucky that we have boards.ie (as in if you look up top forums the ones are chinease and what not, boards.ie is an irish forum and extremely active.

BUT, We can: (outcome:
    - Greatly increase the activity of members on boards.ie
    - Increase connections,activity,posts,etc.

How?:
    On the boards.ie homepae (boards.ie) you only have a couple (30?) new posts/theards alright?

BUT, We really need more of a "whats happening"...

as in ..... depending on your ip maybe (lenister,connocgth) it by default shows that forum section on the home page.... this gets everyone to also increase the posting in those sections.

ITS ABOUT COMING together, getting the forum more active more always on board...!!!!

I am not from ireland, I am from iceland so appolgizes for the spelling!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I disagree. I find it bad enough that so many info providers try to filter what I see based on my location, assumed preferences, etc. If boards tried this it'd break my poor little heart.

What is happening is what you see on the home page. There is a 'Trending' tab if you are into that carry-on. Check it out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Showing content like this via ip would be silly, my IP says Dublin but I'm not in Dublin.

Also, just because you are in a region doesn't mean you'd have an interest in that region...posting wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cabaal wrote: »
    Also, just because you are in a region doesn't mean you'd have an interest in that region...posting wise.

* Ahem! * I would hope that you'd be interested in ALL Regions. :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This is what I see when you post in green, btw. Looks nasty.

69AsUh.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

* Ahem! * I would hope that you'd be interested in ALL Regions. :P

errr....I mean :pac::pac::pac:

Suppose, as an example if I lived in a rural area it doesn't mean I want to see stuff from the farming forum showing up all the time :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

errr....I mean :pac::pac::pac:

Suppose, as an example if I lived in a rural area it doesn't mean I want to see stuff from the farming forum showing up all the time :D
    Your just looking to make enemies today aren't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

orb3 wrote: »
    as in ..... depending on your ip maybe (lenister,connocgth) it by default shows that forum section on the home page....

ITS ABOUT COMING together, getting the forum more active more always on board...!!!!
    But wouldn't that be pushing us all apart? I mean, I reside mainly in Leinster. I don't really like Dublin but I spend a lot of time here for work and family. Boards would then be pushing Dublin related stuff onto me which would be annoying.

Also, you're seperating your provinces therefore not really bringing anybody together moreso pushing them apart and keeping them in their respective cities / provinces.

Showing content like this via ip would be silly, my IP says Dublin but I'm not in Dublin.

+100

My IP is Northern Ireland. I am in Southern Ireland. I have zero interest in the North of Ireland.

Advertisement