Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Radio/Phone issue....

Options
  • 14-09-2013 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

Ok...

Long story short, I want to play music from my phone (Galaxy s3) on my standard BMW bluetooth radio, (04 - 320d)

Is there any way this can be done without changing the radio? I remember there used to be a radio transmitter in my old Nokia N97 that did the job nicely, is there anything like this available for the phone or is there any other way to do it?

Thanks ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ok...

Long story short, I want to play music from my phone (Galaxy s3) on my standard BMW bluetooth radio, (04 - 320d)

Is there any way this can be done without changing the radio? I remember there used to be a radio transmitter in my old Nokia N97 that did the job nicely, is there anything like this available for the phone or is there any other way to do it?

Thanks ;)

No it can't be done with the standard equipment. Only the newer stuff with the combox allows music streaming.

What you could get is a Denison unit or a grom Bluetooth unit that allows music streaming.

Mick supplies and fits both http://germaniks.com/

The cheaper way is an FM transmitter but I don't know what way it would affect your Bluetooth calling while thes a phono jack plugged into the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Or if you have an aux input - you could go with a cheaper solution

bluetooth aux input

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement