Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,496 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mr Alan wrote: »
    We did however sack an FA Cup, Uefa Cup, Champions League & La Liga winning manager who 12 months before had brought the club to our highest ever points total in the league, before bringing him in, and therein lay the hilarity of the situation.

After an awful season in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

426018_389368257743983_217280724952738_1716929_1833468452_n.jpg

The boys at the reserve game today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

noodler wrote: »

Lack of investment came to a head.

He's still the best man for the job, if Paco Ayestarán was alongside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lack of investment came to a head.

He's still the best man for the job, if Paco Ayestarán was alongside him.

Didn't they fall out?
    What about Steve Clark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Anyone know what they actually fell out about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

After a poor season. Yes. Managers should never be sacked after 1 poor season IMO, particularly when they'd dond such good work over a number of years up to that point and all that's totally ignoring the turmoil the club was in at the time too.

Its worth noting, that season we were still only a kick away from the Europa League final that was enough to get The Hodge the job.

The decision to sack Rafa then was a ****ing travesty, he deserved better & we deserved a man like him at the helm. Anyone arguing otherwise should be locked up to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

gafferino wrote: »
    Anyone know what they actually fell out about?

Pako flirting with Chelsea. Came to a head when Rafa found him laughing & joking with Jose after a defeat to Chelsea iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

After a poor season. Yes. Managers should never be sacked after 1 poor season IMO, particularly when they'd dond such good work over a number of years up to that point and all that's totally ignoring the turmoil the club was in at the time too.

Its worth noting, that season we were still only a kick away from the Europa League final that was enough to get The Hodge the job.

The decision to sack Rafa then was a ****ing travesty, he deserved better & we deserved a man like him at the helm. Anyone arguing otherwise should be locked up to be honest.

The owners knew they had to get rid at all costs or else their bluffing would have come out publically even earlier.

A good few posters could sense something was going on in the background too.

Its a strange one, for his own career and sanity Rafa shouldn't have got soooo involved. For the club, he did Lfc some service!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,496 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It'd be interesting to see what Roy would have done with 100m to spend in a year and whether or not we would be in a better position than now as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lets not go there.

It'd be interesting to see what Roy would have done with 100m to spend in a year and whether or not we would be in a better position than now as a result.

He may well have had us in the championship if he'd have stayed on.

Roy should never have been let near our club, nothing in his loooooooooong career indicated he had what it took to manage a club like Liverpool. It was a hideous few months which is best forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He bought Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen. End of Discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He may well have had us in the championship if he'd have stayed on.

Roy should never have been let near our club, nothing in his loooooooooong career indicated he had what it took to manage a club like Liverpool. It was a hideous few months which is best forgotten.

He got the job because English media saw him as a tactical genius for getting Fulham to Europa League Final and Purslow and Co fell for it.

And 100m to sell too.

Perhaps would have shipped off Reina, Skittles, Agger, Kelly, Johnson (Surplus to requirements as Paul Konchesky made the role his own)

Sold Lucas (seeing as Paulson had made him redundant).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Supposedly came very close to selling Agger and Lucas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

huIcf.gif
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbynZPN3clo

That gif is so much funnier with this playing in back ground ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

amiable wrote: »

Both would've been off to Inter had Rafa been given the funds. Kuyt would probably have joined them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

amiable wrote: »

my god, that would have been angry mob worthy.

i still hate roy, i think i always will. he tried his level best to make me hate football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I bet he would have bought Adam, Henderson and Downing. Probably Carroll as well.

• Advertisement

argosy2006 wrote: »
    huIcf.gif
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbynZPN3clo

That gif is so much funnier with this playing in back ground ha!

My endless love came to mind when I first saw the gif.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

The-Rigger wrote: »

Naa nothing beats that corny love song

''one thing you can be sure of i'll never ask for more than your love'' ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Not being critical here or personal, do you ever post anything positive about the club? I mean, were you positive about Hodgson hence being critical about Kenny? Or maybe you were critical about Rafa, Roy and Kenny?

Maybe you just like playing Devil's advocate because you seem to do it in all the match threads and on here.Again, not a personal question or a dig, a genuine question!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Reminds me of a scene from Blades of Glory.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I can confirm this will not happen.

667.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Can't listen to that in work, what's it all aboo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Can't listen to that in work, what's it all aboo?

Its just a few questions to Bellamy about the game on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

It's ironic all the finals we played in Cardiff, now we're playing against Cardiff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's ironic all the finals we played in Cardiff, now we're playing against Cardiff.

I don't think you know what irony means.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement