Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Heater won't work?

• 29-11-2011 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this as it is freezing out! bbrrrr! eek.gif
    My 98' Ford Fiesta's heating has stopped working. When I try turn the heating or de-mister on nothing happens frown.gif. I have checked the water which is full.

Does anyone know what it could be? Or how much it would cost 2 get fixed? The car only had a service last month

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Shell24 wrote: »
    Hi,

My 98' Ford Fiesta's heating has stopped working. When I try turn the heating or de-mister on nothing happens frown.gif. I have checked the water which is full.

Does anyone know what it could be? Or how much it would cost 2 get fixed? The car only had a service last month

Thank you

when it was serviced was the pollen filter cleaned? could be that. otherwise it could be a fuse or something in the wiring - which would require the dash coming off :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Is the fan turning? is there a noise? or is the fan blower dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

The valve on the heater pipes usually goes on the fiesta. Its not huge money to replace although I can't remember off hand how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

If the fan is blowing then the heater control valve has probably packed up.. I had a 97 Fiesta with this problem

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_heater_control_valve_531.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi,

When you turn the knob for the heater does the fan turn on or does nothing happen? I found on one of my cars as it got older the blower setting 1 died, then 2 died. Eventually all I had was full power to keep the windows clear.

Check to make sure the fuses for the heater aren't blown

If you are getting cold air blowing then there's something wrong with your heating circuit or more likely the thermostat isn't working, is the car getting up to temp?

Thank you

The heater isn't normally something that's checked in a service. Till we know what's actually wrong it's impossible to say.
    hdowney wrote: »
    when it was serviced was the pollen filter cleaned?
    It's a 98 Fiesta I doubt it has one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Del2005 wrote: »
    When you turn the knob for the heater does the fan turn on or does nothing happen? I found on one of my cars as it got older the blower setting 1 died, then 2 died. Eventually all I had was full power to keep the windows clear.

Check to make sure the fuses for the heater aren't blown

If you are getting cold air blowing then there's something wrong with your heating circuit or more likely the thermostat isn't working, is the car getting up to temp?

The heater isn't normally something that's checked in a service. Till we know what's actually wrong it's impossible to say.

It's a 98 Fiesta I doubt it has one.

good point. my mams 00 fiests has one so i kinda carried that backwards!

she had her heater pack up year before last, like only blowing cold air. so they had to fix that.

is deffo something you want sorted though at this time of year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sardonic

Happened to me last week. €80 to replace resistor and filter on a 04 fiesta.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭jimbooth

if the blower has stopped look under the passenger side of the dash and you will see a cable connection, move this a bit and the fan will kick in , if its no het then the heater valve is most likely suspect, smae thing happened mine and sis-in-laws, cost €30 to fix

Advertisement