Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can she connect her iPod to her 2009 Audi A4?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

The little woman's getting a 2009 A4 before Christmas and I figured she'd like to be able to listen to her iPod through the stereo in it.

Unfortunately since she won't have it to mid December I cannot tell you exactly what stereo system it has, so I'm hoping the stereos are generic and one of you will be able to recommend a cable or some other device that will allow her to connect her iPod nano?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

3.5mm stereo jack to jack more than likely. A car that recent, I wouldn't be suprised if it had bluetooth integration for the stereo.

Whichever it requires, the cables are availble in your local power city for a few euros. Don't sweat it til she gets it, I would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

eurokev wrote: »
    Audi are terrible for this stuff. Various radio options in the current a4/a5. Some can be connected via cable. Others may need additional equipment in order to link to iPod and have it displayed on centre screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if theres no direct cable solution this is your best bet : http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Audio-FM-Modulator-Universal/dp/B0007THIDQ

i believe its sold under the veba brand too, injects the fm signal by cable so you dont get any dodgy sound like with the iTrip units

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

the ipod interface will cost you 43 eur excluding vat and fitting.. this can be found on the audi website

Link

I think they might have a similar interface whereby it uses 3.5mm jack instead of the ipod connector.. I've seen the picture before somewhere but not on their website.. if that is available, then I'd recommend that.. more universal so any music player that has 3.5mm jack (Pretty much all music player these days does anyway) then it would have no problem playing.

hope that helps.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

lau1247 wrote: »
    the ipod interface will cost you 43 eur excluding vat and fitting.. this can be found on the audi website

Link

That's only any use if it already has the MMI in the glovebox to plug the cable in to. It's standard now, but I can't remember when it became standard.

If it doesn't have the MMI then a Dension solution would probably be your best bet. Could be around €300 to get something suitable for I-Pod fitted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

What about a Connects2 unit.
    They have leads that plug into the cd changer port of almost every car, and a 3.5 mm connector coming out of the control box. Some even have ipod connectors. You can get them on ebay for about £30 or 40, or cheaper if you find a second hand one. It can take a bit of looking to find the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

R.O.R wrote: »
    That's only any use if it already has the MMI in the glovebox to plug the cable in to. It's standard now, but I can't remember when it became standard.

If it doesn't have the MMI then a Dension solution would probably be your best bet. Could be around €300 to get something suitable for I-Pod fitted though.

i thought that they just need to remove the head unit fit the cable and wire it through the glove box and that is essentially the interface done.. could be wrong.. might be different in the new one..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

lau1247 wrote: »
    i thought that they just need to remove the head unit fit the cable and wire it through the glove box and that is essentially the interface done.. could be wrong.. might be different in the new one..

Unfortunately, on the new model it's a lot more complicated. The internal wiring is a lot more complicated. The link you put up is just the cable for an I-POD to the MMI in the glovebox. If the MMI isn't there, then it gets quite complicated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement