Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

accident question

Options
  • 29-11-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

hi , my wife had a minor tip tonight on her way home, other driver was over too far and their mirrors hit, just glass broke on my wifes, other car bit more damage, back cover etc, she admitted fault and apologised (other driver)and they both agreed to repair own and exchanged names and numbers anyway.
    Then other driver rang my wife to get her full name and address, my wife was a bit pre-occupied at the time getting kids to bed and didnt think much of it, I was just wondering why the other driver wanted these details when they had agreed to fix their own, is she now going to claim? should we call back and ask her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Its a bit strange that the other person is looking for your wife details. Who admitted they were at fault ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jimbooth wrote: »
    hi , my wife had a minor tip tonight on her way home, other driver was over too far and their mirrors hit, just glass broke on my wifes, other car bit more damage, back cover etc, she admitted fault and apologised (other driver)and they both agreed to repair own and exchanged names and numbers anyway.
    Then other driver rang my wife to get her full name and address, my wife was a bit pre-occupied at the time getting kids to bed and didnt think much of it, I was just wondering why the other driver wanted these details when they had agreed to fix their own, is she now going to claim? should we call back and ask her?

did the other driver get your insurance details?
    maybe they are writtting you a letter to sign to agree that both of ye go your own way and have no claim against each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭jimbooth

Barr wrote: »
    Its a bit strange that the other person is looking for your wife details. Who admitted they were at fault ?
    the other driver apologised for being too far over.
    will ring her tomorrow to see why she wanted the info, just seems strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Biscuits16

Why isn't your wife claiming off the other drivers insurance if she admitted liability?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭jimbooth

because its only the glass, (€15 from motor factors), not worth the hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Call your insurer first thing. All claims and potential claims should be reported. It's a condition of your wifes policy.

Advertisement