Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coláiste Chamuis v Coláiste Lurgan??

Options
  • 12-08-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I`m planning on going to the Gaeltacht next year but I haven`t been before. I would probably go to one in the Galway area. I am between Chamuis and Lurgan. I love music and dance so I thought Lurgan would be a good idea as it seems to be renowned for this. However, many people I know have gone to Chamuis and said they had a brilliant time also. Does anyone have any recommendations or stories?? Also does anyone know if parents are allowed visit Lurgan at weekends as it says nothing about this on their website?? Also which would you recommend to be better for Irish as I will be going into 5th year? Thank you :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 An tUasal de Barra

If you actually want to learn Irish you should go to Coláiste Chamuis and especially Cursa C Camus. I have just completed my fifth and final year in Camus and have a very high level of irish.
    They will ensure you achieve a high level of confidence with the language and your irish will improve so so much even if you arrived with nothing more than "conas atá tú.
    You will also have an amazing time in a good atmosphere and you will definitely make friends that would last a life time.

On the other hand if you purely want to go and have a great time at a summer camp and I would imagine you would have a great time lurgan would be apt but you wouldn't learn the same amount of irish when compared to Coláiste Chamuis. You will learn some irish but not a lot.
    I would definitely recommend Coláiste Chamuis above lurgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

If you actually want to learn Irish you should go to Coláiste Chamuis and especially Cursa C Camus. I have just completed my fifth and final year in Camus and have a very high level of irish.
    They will ensure you achieve a high level of confidence with the language and your irish will improve so so much even if you arrived with nothing more than "conas atá tú.
    You will also have an amazing time in a good atmosphere and you will definitely make friends that would last a life time.

On the other hand if you purely want to go and have a great time at a summer camp and I would imagine you would have a great time lurgan would be apt but you wouldn't learn the same amount of irish when compared to Coláiste Chamuis. You will learn some irish but not a lot.
    I would definitely recommend Coláiste Chamuis above lurgan.

Thank You very much for the advice. I would be looking for a course that helps my Irish rather than a summer camp type of course to improve for the leaving cert so I think it will be Chamuis for me! :D

Advertisement