Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Samich, what's with the Alf signature? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I think everyone is expecting too much from him.

For example, Jack Wilshere couldnt get into the Aresnal team around the same time.

Pogba will be a very good player, I think he should of really got more chances, as posted above when he seen Rafeal starting ahead of him anyone would want to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya, i think the agent is 100% to blame here and its all about money. Pogba is being led astray by him and the lad could ruin a potentially good career.

he wont be the first nor the last to be like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I dont know if it is his agent, I think he will be staying.
    Imo his agent is just doing his job in trying to get Pogba a better deal at united.

Im sure Pogba aint too pleased either at his lack of chances.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Imo his agent is just doing his job in trying to get Pogba a better deal at united.

pogba came out this week and said the only reason he is still at united and would stay, is fergie. this suggest he is happy with his role in the team.

the problem must be with the board and that to me, is 100% money related.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Samich, what's with the Alf signature? :pac:

It's Alf :pac: Cult hero :P Home and away equivalent of Ken Barlow :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Rochey18 wrote: »

Course he's not happy, in a season when Fergie said he would give the boy chances and instead we played Jones in the middle and Scholes returned he must be frustrated but what I will say is that Fergie wouldn't hesitate to put him in there if he felt he was ready. In the FA cup game against Crawley he was meant to start but arrived late and instead was demoted to the bench. He can be angry at that but it's his fault he was late.

Fergie has always said if you are good enough at United the money will find you. If he has a problem with the board and money to me sounds like his agent demanding more money but right now he hasn't justified the money. Stay true to Fergie and he will be rewarded, leave and who knows what will happen at Juve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Samich wrote: »
    It's Alf :pac: Cult hero :P Home and away equivalent of Ken Barlow :pac:
    Stone the bloody crows Samich!! Ya flamin' gallah.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I'm not suprised to see United linked to an Udinese player, scouts watched sanchez long enough so i'm sure other players impressed.

from what I remember of him, Asamoah he is tidy player, moves ball well, works hard and has a bit of style. Could well be they type of player united would want.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I'm not suprised to see United linked to an Udinese player, scouts watched sanchez long enough so i'm sure other players impressed.

from what I remember of him, Asamoah he is tidy player, moves ball well, works hard and has a bit of style. Could well be they type of player united would want.

so, if we are to believe what we read, the following 5 players are the main group so far that we are after -

Asamoah
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Clyne
    Lewandowski.....

thats a CM, 2 ACM, a RB and a Striker.

thats about right in terms of what we need, but i doubt we can afford all 5! id say we are likely to get 2 max out of that lot with Clyne maybe a 3rd option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

2 CM, AM, LB are really the priority. Any other money to RB/CF.

G.K. wrote: »

LB is not a priority, weve been here before :)

i would think 1 CM, 1 AM, 1 RB and 1 striker are needed....anything else is not needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

True, we will have 3 right-backs next season(Rafael, Smalling and Jones), but with Fabio and Fryers set to leave on loan, Evra will be the only senior left-back at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

LB is more a priority than RB, we have a RB and two good backups. If Fabio and Fryers go on loan as intended we definitely need cover there.

LB is not a priority, weve been here before

Forget my gripes over Evra - MUFC will only have 1 LB next season with fabio and Fyers off. You need a body, whether it's backup to Evra as you would advocate, or someone to displace him (Or at the very least give him a kick up the backside that his position isn't his by right) as I would argue for.

But getting in a body, whether backup or not, is undoubtedly a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

lordgoat wrote: »
    I see your points I just don't agree with them. I think it was 4-4-2 that broke down carricks passing, he goes backwards with less than 10% of them. He generally passes to his right more than his left.

I know we normally have a go at it over Carrick and believe me it gets tiresome, the thing that gets me most is you seem to level an unfair amount of criticism at him and not at others in the team. Not a dig in the slightest, you back your points up well and argue them brilliantly. I do think Carrick would improve with more options ahead of him, someone with a bit more craft than Rooney playing in the hole and Rooney up top.

As ever we'll agree to disagree.

I did read and respond to that 442 article btw.

The reason I level more criticism at Carrick than other players is only because there is more debate about him. The majority of posters are on the same page about the need for a new left back (even if just for competition) and the necessity for fixing the reliance on Scholes. The disagreements on Carrick are the ones that keep coming to the surface and so I respond.

Asamoah, Kagawa & Hazard

DDG

Raf ---Smalling ---Vidic---Evra

Carrick----Asamoah

---Nani---Kagawa---Hazard---

Rooney

Fergie has this in mind maybe?

Valencia & Young interchanging over the season with Kagawa & Nani?

You'd be seriously hampering Welbeck & Hernandez with this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Samich wrote: »
    Asamoah, Kagawa & Hazard

DDG

Raf ---Smalling ---Vidic---Evra

Carrick----Asamoah

---Nani---Kagawa---Hazard---

Rooney

Fergie has this in mind maybe?
    I don't think that leaving our player of the year out of the team is in his plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

so, if we are to believe what we read, the following 5 players are the main group so far that we are after -

Asamoah
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Clyne
    Lewandowski.....

thats about right in terms of what we need, but i doubt we can afford all 5! id say we are likely to get 2 max out of that lot with Clyne maybe a 3rd option.
    They seen to be the maingroup we are being linked with if we got:
    Asamoah
    Kagawa
    Clyne
    Lewandowski
    It would be a great summer,Hazard would be great as well but his cost would probably stop us buying 2 of the above 4.Kagawa and Lewandowski are both very good players and maybe give them Berba + cash and it would be a very good deal.Asamoah ,from the little I have seen is a good tidy player,comfortable on the ball and is fairly young but has been playing at a high level for a few seasons.Havent seen much of Clyne but he also ticks a lot of boxes but he would be the least one of the above thats needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

If there is any truth in us trying to get Lewandowski it should be done as quick as possible if he has a good Euros his price could double.

• Advertisement

Asamoah
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Clyne
    Lewandowski.....

:o:o
    I am thinking of wrong Player -its not Asamoah i remember from the world cup at all.

He looks to be a powerful, energetic, fast midfield player from what I have checked out. Reminds me of Valencia only he is left footed and can use his right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Degag

Forget my gripes over Evra - MUFC will only have 1 LB next season with fabio and Fyers off. You need a body, whether it's backup to Evra as you would advocate, or someone to displace him (Or at the very least give him a kick up the backside that his position isn't his by right) as I would argue for.

But getting in a body, whether backup or not, is undoubtedly a priority.
    Evans has played there on a few occasions. Looked comfortable enough. At the same time though, you need more than 2 players per position.

Evans could well be needed for CB. I'd not put any stock in Vidic coming back to his previous self. It'd be great if he does, but I think Evans will cement his role as 1st choice next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

I think its funny when people are say signing an "ACM" will hamper the young strikers we have. There's two things Fergie does: He knows well how to look after young players. And in recent years he never plays the same team all the time. There's plenty of match time for everyone, they just have to deserve it... unless you're Park

Owen_S wrote: »
    I don't think that leaving our player of the year out of the team is in his plans.

I think Nani is a better player than Valencia. Blinded by a good patch of form I think, bit like the hype over Jones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

If there is any truth in us trying to get Lewandowski it should be done as quick as possible if he has a good Euros his price could double.

Lewandowski wants to stay, just wants to be the main guy at the club and if he came to United he wouldn't be that. Think all the talk about him leaving his just his way of trying to get more money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lukekul wrote: »
    I think its funny when people are say signing an "ACM" will hamper the young strikers we have. There's two things Fergie does: He knows well how to look after young players. And in recent years he never plays the same team all the time. There's plenty of match time for everyone, they just have to deserve it... unless you're Park

If an ACM is signed then Rooney will have to move forward to CF, that means less game time for Welbeck and Hernandez. That will hamper them, especially so because they are young and need as many games as they can get.

There are lots of games but there is nowhere near enough that all three centre forwards would get regular football. Anything less than regular football will hamper their development.

Asamoah
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Clyne
    Lewandowski.....

Staying in imaginary, lets sign everyone mode:pac:

What sort of budget will United have this summer?

Well as you say i think getting all 5 (or 5 similar players) is out of the question.

Lewandowski is an unlikely signing. The links to him arrived straight after Sir Alex was at the cup final watching Kagawa and new contract talks came up. I think it was only the agent chancing his arm to try and force Dortmund to up the offer. With Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck I don't see United signing a player like him anyway.

Clyne is an English player, young, coming out of contract so he is going to be cheap. I don't think his potential signing has any significant impact on the transfer Budget.

Now Kagawa and Hazard. United would be interested in getting both. Probably won't get them but I think signing two players with the attributes of the two lads will be the target. Kagawa's contract situation is in Uniteds favour so Transfer Budget isn't damaged too much. Going down the Hazard route will involve a significant cash outlay.

Considering United Spent 50 million Sterling last season there may well be room to sign one more player (Asamoah for example) once Berbatov is off the wage bill.

Also last season United were willing to Spend 50 million in June and still looked like they had 15-20 million to spend on Nasri/Sneijder.

So I think 4 players is a possibility, an expensive player, two medium priced and one cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We didn't do too badly when we had 4 strikers rotating,Yorke/Cole & Sheringham/Solskjaer. So Hernandez,Wellbeck,A N Other will expect to be rotated again with Rooney as the main man.
    We are missing that creative link in midfield,hence Rooney having to drop so deep during games to influence things.I'd rather see him at the sharp end than charging around midfield.

With regard to the fullback position,Baines from Everton was the top player for putting in crosses this season,not bad for a fullback,the last time we had a decent & consistent crosser of a ball Beckham was wearing 7.Even from set pieces we are poor,Giggs seems to have a fetish for hitting the first man from crosses & set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The Hazard thing wont be happening. We wont spend the amount of money needed for him i dont think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement