Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coca Cola Light

Options
  • 16-04-2005 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had this? They sell it in spain, poland and other countries I believe. I thought it would be the same as diet coke, but it's much nicer. The taste actually resembles normal coke. I wish they sold it here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i'm guessing the alternative version either uses ingredients that are banned here, or doesn't use ingredients in Diet Coke that are banned in Spain and Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

pwd wrote:
    i'm guessing the alternative version either uses ingredients that are banned here, or doesn't use ingredients in Diet Coke that are banned in Spain and Poland.
    They sell it inthe Euroshopper on Strand St. All fanta and diet coke and other drinks have different flavours depending on which countries they are in due to sample surveys of flavours and like pwd said, ingredient restrictions. For example, I think aspartame is banned in Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Blisterman wrote:
    Has anyone else had this? They sell it in spain, poland and other countries I believe. I thought it would be the same as diet coke, but it's much nicer. The taste actually resembles normal coke. I wish they sold it here.
    Taste of all Coca Cola products is determined by country's taste - some countries like stuff sweeter , some less. As for the "Lite" thing much easier to say lite than diet, plus of course Sprite is international . Lite is pretty much the same as Diet Coke.
    In Spanish "dieta" is "diet" and "Diet" in Polish means a meeting or parliament.
    In Spanish you say - "una coca (cola) lite" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I remember in the USA they have corn syrup in all the soft drinks and caffeine in everything too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Actually I like American coke a lot more than Irish Coke. Although the HFCS makes it about twice as fattening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Blisterman wrote:
    Actually I like American coke a lot more than Irish Coke. Although the HFCS makes it about twice as fattening.

:eek:

Me, I've stopped drinking softdrinks full stop since I went to America - I was so traumatised by the effects of the super-sweet American ones that all my faith and trust were broken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Coke Light is the name for Diet Coke in languages where Diet does not make sense.
    There would be no taste difference normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Coke Light is the name for Diet Coke in languages where Diet does not make sense.
    There would be no taste difference normally.

I always drink diet coke & have to say I much prefer the taste of Coca Lite [I holiday in France every year] ... I hate the first bottle of diet coke when I come back to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

even though they have no/less sugar in them, the light/diet softdrinks are actually worse for you than the normal ones.

I don't drink soft drinks either, thankfully.

They are soo bad for you. I'd much prefer a litre or so of fresh orange juice anyway. Even the tesco stuff, 65c or so, can't really go wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Blisterman wrote:
    I had this in a Chinese called HoHo in Rathmines, I think it was canned (produced??) in morroco, Tasted exactly like regular Coke to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

cormie wrote:
    Even the tesco stuff, 65c or so, can't really go wrong :D
    Now that's pushing it, bought some today for first and last time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lidl cola light is nice enough and only 49c for 2 litres!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

tk123 wrote:
    Lidl cola light is nice enough and only 49c for 2 litres!!! :D
    How nice? I might give that a try this 2 euro plus a day habbit is ruining me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's good - it tastes more like regular - not all watered down like some diet/light drinks usually taste. You can't go wrong for 49c!!! In Aldi you can get a 6 pack of 500ml bottles for €1.99 it's not as nice as Lidl - tastes a bit like vanilla diet coke but it's still better than paying €1.20 a bottle for Coke... :D Oh and Lidl also sell "Explosade" which is bootleg Lucozade - it tastes pretty good too - I think it's just under €1 for a 2 litre bottle....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

tk123 wrote:
    I Oh and Lidl also sell "Explosade" which is bootleg Lucozade - it tastes pretty good too - I think it's just under €1 for a 2 litre bottle....

Not a chance man, the stuff is vile, terrible, it has to be the worst thing I ever bought at lidl.

Here is a snippet from Coca Cola marketing on Diet coke vs coke light.
    Diet Coke - known in some countries as Coca-Cola Light - is number one in the diet category, and the third best-selling soft drink overall worldwide.

like I said there is officially no difference.

link with complete article is there.
    http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20040419_coca-cola_c2.html

Advertisement