Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Size of pressure vessel?

• 11-10-2015 9:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

hello Folks,

I wanted to install a deep well pump for my house. Its a 4 bedroom house with 5 occupants. Area 135m2.
    I got a few quotes and they all came to the house to quote.
    I decided on one contractor but I noticed the installer was putting in a 25 litre pressure vessel when he came to complete the job.
    Now I don't claim to know much but I did query the man. He said 25 litre pressure vessel is standard for a domestic dwelling ie a house. Next one up he had was a 60 litre but he wanted an extra 200 euro for that.
    His quote was not the cheapest and I was assured everything was included in the price.
    I am just wondering is a 25 litre standard for a house such as mine?

Many thanks for the reply

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭Jim1000

0ver 100 views and no reply? Doesnt anyone know? Any plumbers on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I wouldn't be too worried. Pressure vessel is too stop the pump coming on with small things.

With 25 litre you can still flush toilets etc quick run of the tap without pump coming on.

Without it the pump would run 5/6 times just for a flush

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

The bigger the less starts on your pump which in turn prolongs the life of pump motor. And also it will save some electricity I would go with the biggest I could afford. I have a shallow well pump and when the vessel goes I will be replacing with a bigger one.

Advertisement