Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low water pressure Douglas

• 08-10-2015 8:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, need some advice

As of Tuesday my cold water tank in the attic hasnt been filling. I have mains water still, but it is reduced pressure from normal. I checked with the neighbours either side and they have perfect pressure.
    I cant find a stopcock valve anywhere outside/inside the house, no idea where it is.
    A friend checked the IW meter outside and its making a funny noise, like water rushing out of it. He also checked the neighbours and they are making no such noise.

Now the issue is that IW never sent me a registration pack and so I never registered. They then never sent me any bills so I never contacted them about it.

I'm wondering do you reckon that Irish Water reduced my water pressure? It doesnt seem strong enough to get pressure up into the attic, but I have cold water from the mains downstairs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

No I.W didn't reduce your pressure, they don't have the ability to reduce pressure on a house by house basis. You most likely have a substantial leak on your incoming mains. Do you have pressure on your kitchen sink cold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Hey thanks for the response.
    There is pressure but I'd estimate about 50% of what it used to be a few days ago.
    I'm going to have to contact them and register I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

http://www.water.ie/help-centre/leak-detection/

Turn off everything, wait a while to make sure any tanks are finished filling, and check the meter to see is it still spinning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Cheers for the responses.
    My road was resurfaced and it turns out that they cracked the pipe going into the water meter (on the road side) which caused all the issues. They had to dig everything up again. Took a few days (over the weekend) which was a little awkward with a toddler and having no hot water or heating. Anyway its all sorted now, I got the air out of the system and back to normal. The missus did call IW but they didnt ask anything about any account, so thats alright too.

Advertisement