Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soil Pipe Vent

Options
  • 12-10-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Do modern toilets require a soil pipe vent?

Our downstairs toilet does not seem to have one. Pipe goes out through wall and into ground to the waste pipe. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Cerco wrote: »

Our downstairs toilet does not seem to have one. Pipe goes out through wall and into ground to the waste pipe. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Yes you should really have one.
    There are cases where it can be difficult to achieve and sometimes an air admittance valve would be used internally.
    If your toilet pipe is visible externally, I don't see a reason for vent pipe not being fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Cerco wrote: »

Its not an unusual set-up. You will most likely find that the system is being vented elsewhere.

Advertisement