Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats paw

Options
  • 10-07-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, my cat is currently unwell and as he's fourteen I'm kind of coming to terms with the idea that he may not be around for another few years. I want to get a tattoo of his paw print, but I'm not sure how to get ihis print? I don't want to distress or upset him or risk his health, and I realise that this may be better answered by a vet (and I will check with our vet before I do anything) but I'm just wondering if anyone's had a similar tattoo done? How did you go about it?

Edited for clarity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Try get a photo of the cat's paw maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Put a big square of charcoal powder outside a pet carrier.at least a cat body length and a half.
    Then, after the charcoal, have a cat body length and a half of white paper
    Hey presto!!
    Done the same with a fire salamander.
    Or if cat jumps over the charcoal just dust his paw when asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I used non-toxic finger paints to get my dogs print. Might not be as easy with a cat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

You could wait until he's dead? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 louised88

I don't really want to be painting my dead pet's paw to be honest.

I think the non-toxic paints might be the best plan, I'll check that they're not toxic to cats (he's normally very placid anyway, even before he started slowing down, and the painting/printing wouldn't be too hard, but I don't know if I'd manage to wash it off before he tried to wash it himself), but the charcoal is a cool idea too, he'd step over it but he'd probably let me put his paw onto it myself.

Food colouring just occurred to me as a possibility too! Thanks for the suggestions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Just have some wet wipes handy and give it a quick clean off after you have printed most of the paint off. That will get most off quickly before you can give them a full wash.

Advertisement