Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Watch GPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

Quick one re Golf GPS watches.

Would there be much difference in the various golf gps on amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=golf%20watch%20gps&sprefix=golf+watch+%2Caps

Is it a case that the more you pay, the more accurate they are or what are the additional features?

Played a round last Sunday with the first one on the list (Garmin Approach S1) and found it to be quite useful, especially since playing a course for first time.

Have a voucher to use on amazon so would appreciate recommendations on the best one to go for.

They all do more or less the same thing and measure front middle and back to the green from where you are standing.

I have an Garmin S3.

Advantages of having an S3 over an S1 would be

• Battery Life is 8hrs approx which is almost double that of the S1.
    • Gives you percentage of battery life left which the S1 doesn't.
    • you can view an image of the green and move the flag around as you please. (But you are still only guessing)
    • You can charge watch through your computer
    • You can keep track of your score and check back anytime you want through your computer.
    There is very little difference in what they do compared to the difference in price of them.
    There is an S4 out now which has a few extra things that the S3 doesn't have.
    I would check out some videos on YouTube for some reviews on the different models!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

How far to the front-middle-back?
    Have the S1 and it does a sound job for me.

If you play competitvely often then distances to to hazards etc would be a useful addition and worth the additional outlay.

Advertisement