Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tevez is going. On Sky Sports News now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Looks like the boy is crying wolf again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8616995/Manchester-City-striker-Carlos-Tevez-issues-another-transfer-request.html
    “It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City of my wish to leave the club I would like to state that I have great respect for the club, its supporters and the owner, Sheikh Mansour, who has been nothing other than respectful to me.

“I hope that the people understand the difficult circumstances I have been living under the past 12 months, in regards to my family.

“Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging for me.

“Everything I do, I do for my daughters, Katie and Florencia. I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them. I need them to be happy because my life is about them now. I need to be in a place where they can adapt.

“Being captain of Manchester City, qualifying for the Champions League, winning the FA Cup and finishing as top scorer last season has made me very proud.

“I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the city cause has been 100% on the pitch.

“I hope I have done my bit to help City continue their progress towards their ambition to be champions of England and to advance in the Champions League.

“I have no doubt that the players and management of city will achieve great success in the future.”

Problem is nobody will match his current wages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Can they please just sell him now, im fed up of his whinging. Why doesnt he just move his family to England?
    Oh and im delighted City got Clichy, a very very poor defender.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

flahavaj wrote: »

Im sure Real or Barca will make him a nice offer, is Spain closer to Buenos Aires than Manchester?

Melion wrote: »
    Im sure Real or Barca will make him a nice offer, is Spain closer to Buenos Aires than Manchester?

I'm not sure ither realy have room for him, especially if Real sign Agueroas rumoured.

The only way his comments about missing his family can be taken at face value is if he moves home to Argentina. I find his constant use of them in these matters quite distatseful tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I can see him going to Real. If he moves his family to Spain at least there will be no language barrier. But who knows what is really in his head. Has he refused to learn English here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tevez leaving again. Seems I've stumbled into last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its amazing what couple of seasons can do eh:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Was hoping he wouldn't throw the toys out until after the window, gives City plenty of time to replace him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Oh let him on and get what you can for him. Sick of it at this stage, the club have done all they can to keep him happy (letting him fly home whenever he wanted) so its time to cut your losses and let him on to spain..

But who's available and good enough to replace him?
    Its gonna be really hard to find someone to match his work rate etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

But who's available and good enough to replace him?
    Its gonna be really hard to find someone to match his work rate etc...
    Kevin Doyle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Knew this would happen, I blame the Argentina manager for picking him for the Copa America squad!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

DuckerTheTimes James Ducker
    #MCFC are trying to hijack Juve's bid to sign Sergio Aguero who they want as a strike partner or replacement for Tevez. Will post story am

That wouldn't be a bad replacement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

S'long Tevez, thanks for the memories.... In fairness to the man, whether he wanted the jersey or not he gave absolutely everything to it! Did so much for us these last few years!

carlos-tevez_1937911c.jpg

Hopefully things regarding him and his replacment will move along swiftly and we can get our squad for the coming year together as soon as possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Is he saying he is leaving because he misses his family in Argentina?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It would be hilarious to see the owners refuse to sell him and just play him in the reserves for the duration of his contract. They don't need the money.

I think you should now go all out for Eto'o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Tevez to Ath Madrid and Aguero going the other way ??

Yous bastards !
    ;)

He will still be a City player come the close of the window IMO. Nobody will pay £50m for him, and £200k p/w on top of it and City don't need to sell given their situation so they have no need to compromise on the fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

flahavaj wrote: »
    He will still be a City player come the close of the window IMO. Nobody will pay £50m for him, and £200k p/w on top of it and City don't need to sell given their situation so they have no need to compromise on the fee.

He'll probably go back to Argentina when he does leave.

I reckon he'll force a loan move home,us paying the guts of his wages with the "promise" he'll come back after a season or something.Cant see anyone paying his wages and taking him off us.

I'd say Dzeko and Balotelli are loving it btw! Nasri,Sanchez,Aguero,Mancini should be pushing for 2 of the 3 to go ahead no matter what to replace him

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

As the Argentine makes it abundantly clear he will not return to Manchester we manage to get hold of several photos of his stuff being packed up. No, this is not a joke! Now enjoy the glorious randomness of this photo gallery! Removal men, taking Mr. Tevez’s stuff and putting it in a big van!

AvcsWh.jpg
    ZscDCh.jpg
    62tM7h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Vanbis wrote: »
    I agree somewhat, money though did play a big part in the move. I think Clichy got bored at Arsenal, same old excuses every season and City will be chasing on all fronts this season.

It was him that was contributing to the "same old excuses" at Arsenal to be fair, he has been poor for Arsenal for a while now, in saying that a change of club could see him push on a become a better player, certainly a better defender than Kolorav. Offers little to nothing in attack though.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    It was him that was contributing to the "same old excuses" at Arsenal to be fair, he has been poor for Arsenal for a while now, in saying that a change of club could see him push on a become a better player, certainly a better defender than Kolorav. Offers little to nothing in attack though.

Perfect! We have enough going forward... What we need are defenders who'll defend! The amount of times we'd get caught out last year cause Kolarov was sauntering back from an attacking position was very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Perfect! We have enough going forward... What we need are defenders who'll defend! The amount of times we'd get caught out last year cause Kolarov was sauntering back from an attacking position was very frustrating!

True ya, sweet left foot but jebus that man can't defend for taffee. I would imagine Gael will be the one staying back at corners etc, leave Richards up to challenge in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Tevez made no efforts to integrate to English life, he seemingly still can't speak more than a couple of sentences of english after 5 years in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Personally I think Kolarov is a better player than Clichy.

If Manchester City spent more time to coach him into the FB they want him to be then he'd be excellent IMO.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kolarov move to a midfield role now a la Gareth Bale. I think he could do very well there.

Paully D wrote: »
    Personally I think Kolarov is a better player than Clichy.

If Manchester City spent more time to coach him into the FB they want him to be then he'd be excellent IMO.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kolarov move to a midfield role now a la Gareth Bale. I think he could do very well there.

Kolarov is good because of how he attacks, he's an ok defender.... What we need is a Gael Clichy... Why spend 18 million on Kolarov just to change the type of player he is? Hopefully we can integrate him into the midfield as he's supposedly one of the most loved guys at the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

JPA wrote: »
    Tevez made no efforts to integrate to English life, he seemingly still can't speak more than a couple of sentences of english after 5 years in the country.

I dont care what language he speaks as long as he is banging in goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I dont care what language he speaks as long as he is banging in goals

Well he won't be anymore, not speaking English is going to contribute to his unhappiness.

Savic has completed his medical at City.

according to SSN, mancini said he has been in contact with Napoli for months trying to sign lavezzi, €31 being reported

according to SSN, mancini said he has been in contact with Napoli for months trying to sign lavezzi, €31 being reported

Ive seen a bit of him last year and im not gone on him at all..
    he seems to be a very selfish player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/868598-manchester-city-pimped-up-tribute-car-is-a-50-000-bit-of-blue-bling
    article-1310038532236-0CE231CD00000578-960416_636x300.jpg
    Manchester City pimped-up tribute car is a £50,000 bit of blue bling
    Two die-hard Manchester City fans have spent £50,000 customising an old Chevrolet convertible car so that they can travel to matches in style.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/868598-manchester-city-pimped-up-tribute-car-is-a-50-000-bit-of-blue-bling#ixzz1RTOoXNp3

Long enough article wont post the full thing.Had to lol at this though
    Reports that flamboyant Mario Balotelli is planning to make an offer for the car have yet to be substantiated
    :D

Aot of news today, first, a new sponsorship deal with Etihad including renaming the stadium "Etihad Stadium"

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/July/8-July-Manchester-City-and-Etihad-partnership-announcement

Also Adebayor and Bellamy taking swipes at Mancini at the hierarchy at the club, pretty damning

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7027711,00.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_7026613,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bargain.

I'd say his wages are 2 Curly Wurly's and a bag of Tayto. :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bargain.

I'd say his wages are 2 Curly Wurly's and a bag of Tayto. :pac:

haha, very good, my mistake

Rummenigge loves having a go at people but reckons we mightnt be able to compete in the CL

"Maybe they still have a trick up their sleeves but I'm not sure they will be permitted to play in the Champions League."

http://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-city/7029531/Bayern-blast-price-for-Boateng

• Advertisement

So Corinthians have bid £35 million for Tevez...
    Id prob take it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

So Corinthians have bid £35 million for Tevez...
    Id prob take it..

not "£" but "$"

big difference .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

35m pounds is correct. Other sources are quoting 40m euro.

Didn't know Corinthians had that kind of dough

Couldnt imagine that figure would be paid straight up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

His master/Agent Kia Joorchabin has probably still got some financial interest in the club so you can only imagine how much hes pocketing from the deal.

judas101 wrote: »
    Didn't know Corinthians had that kind of dough

Third most lucrative shirt sponsorship in the world and also receive ~50 million a year for TV rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

they will probably take around £40m to get rid of him and considering what torres and carroll cost that's a real bargain. he was a good servant but his whinging was getting boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

City have agreed a transfer of Jerome Boateng with Bayern Munich. Fee is undisclosed, but according to German papers in the region of 13.5 mil Euro.

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/de/aktuell/news/2011/30197.php

DubDani wrote: »
    City have agreed a transfer of Jerome Boateng with Bayern Munich. Fee is undisclosed, but according to German papers in the region of 13.5 mil Euro.

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/de/aktuell/news/2011/30197.php

Good business in my book.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement