Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

strange happenings on my pc

• 19-07-2003 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

it seems every night at midnight some file opens auto. and starts sending emails to people. I only know this because Norton pops up. After a while the computer freezes and cannot send anymore as there are about 30 norton virus checkers open.

i have updated norton and run a virus check but it says my computer is clean. Any help?

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

When it happens the next time (or just forward your clock), take a list of all the programs running in the task manager and post it up here. Someone should be able to point you in the right direction and then you can delete the sucka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

It sounds quite nasty.

Have you tried using other tools like adaware to scan your registry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

thanks for the help. i will see if it happens tonight and i will list whats in the task manager. also i will give adaware a shot

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Well, if the worst comes to the worst, you need to re-install, if this is still happening. I can only assume you're being used as a toy for spamming.

Try and capture the e-mails going out using ethereal or some other packet capturing device. The good thing with ethereal is that it will build sessions back together for you.

See what's being advertised, and what's in the emails. This might give you a clue as to what to google for in order to remove it.

Phil.

untitled.jpg

this is the image of the apps running on my pc. it happened again last night and it happens whenever i reboot and forget to close a whole load of apps.

any help?

thanks again

• Advertisement

Ones that seem to be a bit dodgy to me are:
    EnterNet.exe
    NISum.exe
    SENTRY.exe
    IAMAPP.exe

You should do a cold reboot, close all programs, disconnect from the broadband and check all the programs again. That EnterNet smells a bit off to me.

enternet is the dsl connection for eircom. don't think its that one

Whoops. Still, there are a couple there that don't sit right with me. You should probably disable them one by one and forward the clock until the problem goes away then delete the last program you disabled. Or format your computer :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Advertisement