Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo in Phuket, Thailand

Options
  • 19-03-2015 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has got tattooed in Thailand before? There's a few studios in Phuket that come highly recommended on TripAdvisor, BUT mostly by repeat customers who I suspect might have a vested interest. I've heard rumours of them using watered down ink, etc?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Unless it's a particular artist you're after that's in Thailand I personally wouldn't. You don't know what kinds of regulations they have over there, the reputations of studios/artists, the language barrier etc. Now I'm not saying there aren't any good studios in Thailand, I'm sure there are but unless I knew where I was going and who I was going to I think it's too risky. Also keep in mind that if you're there on holiday, a fresh tattoo will have to be kept out of the sun and pools/baths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

A buddy of mine have got his whole back and both arms tattoo'd in Thailand. He is based in Ban Patong in Phuket. I can PM you the artist. Not sure if it is against forum rules to mention him here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Kalman

Magenta wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has got tattooed in Thailand before? There's a few studios in Phuket that come highly recommended on TripAdvisor, BUT mostly by repeat customers who I suspect might have a vested interest. I've heard rumours of them using watered down ink, etc?

Thanks!

Pass ! I would not risk an encounter with a dirty needle in them places.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

the language barrier .

Is anybody else thinking about that Billy Connolly story about the Scottish sailor in Hong Kong who got very drunk while ashore and decided to get a whole back piece, a thistle and 'Scotland forever'? After explaining that what he wanted was a 'thistle', not a 'whistle', and describing to the best of his drunken ability what a thistle was?

Woke up very hungover the next day with 'Scotland Forever' accross his shoulders. Over a very realistic tattoo of a pineapple.

:D

Advertisement