Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route 1 Running - Limerick

Options
  • 30-01-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking to start a running group in Limerick City, It will be aimed at beginners and intermediate runners looking to take up running
    & possibly even take part in the 10k or half marathon in the Great Limerick Run 2015 which takes place on the may bank holiday weekend.

Training runs will take place on Tuesday & Thursday evenings at 7 o clock. We will kick off at around 3k with a longer distance 5k
    if people feel they are up for it and building up from there.
    I will ask people to throw in e3 on the evenings to help with the set up and running of the club and that's it...

I've ran a few marathons and a couple of halves myself,and will be running the half again this year.
    I have a Diploma in Exercise & Health Fitness so I'll be on hand to offer advice on diet/training plans, injury prevention and anything else that comes up along the way.

This will be a great way for people to get together to train and stay motivated. The list of benefit of running are endless
    so if you want to give it a go like my page facebook.com/route1running - limerick for more info and updates.

Thanks

Jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Hey Jimmy,

If you want a base some of the Limerick Run guys use Scotts B near the dock Rd. Lots of parking and toilet facilities.

Your more than welcome, would join in but hoping to do the full :-(

Best of Luck,

Ken

Advertisement