Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jello Biafra & the Melvins

• 02-08-2005 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

JELLO BIAFRA & THE MELVINS
    SAT 20 AUG
    THE VILLAGE
    DOORS 8.30
    TICKETS €20 FROM ROAD, CITY DISCS, SOUND CELLAR & WAV BOX OFFICE
    1890 2000 78.
    ONLINE AT www.tickets.ie
    NO GUEST LIST
    www.umack.com

One of punk rocks most explosive frontman, Jello Biafra (former singer with the Dead Kennedys) joins up heaviest rock band in the world The Melvins, for a special performance in Dublin's village venue on saturday 20th August. Expect a break neck performance of material from their collaboration album "never breathe what you can't see" (available now on alternative tentacles), along with a couple of dead kennedys classics.

Biafra & the Melvins are coming to europe to play Belgium's Pukkelpop festival, and it looks like the Dublin show is going to be the only other one in europe. Tickets go on sale on tuesday.
    hope life is good,
    u:mack

upcoming u:mack shows in september:
    MUDHONEY. THURS SEPT 15. THE VILLAGE
    JON SPENCER BLUES EXPLOSION. THURS SEPT 22. THE VILLAGE

JELLO BIAFRA WITH THE MELVINS
    What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? What happens when the most controversial Punk Rock vocalist/activist on earth teams up with the heaviest band of our time? What happens when Jello Biafra and the Melvins put their collective heads together and do an album?

"Never Breathe What you Can't See" is what happens- that is to say a musical monster of massive proportions is born, bristling with Jello's manic energy and anchored by the sheer heft of the Melvins' collective heaviness. With both camps flexing their musical prowess, the result is something that retains the signature qualities of both artists and yet sounds refreshingly unlike anything that either has recorded in the past!

Jello Biafra's punk rock pedigree is beyond reproach, beginning in the late 70s as the brains behind Dead Kennedys, and later as head of the 25-year-old Alternative Tentacles records, continuing through his 7 albums of spoken word, and his many collaborations with DOA, Nomeansno, Ministry (in Lard), Mojo Nixon and many others throughout his prolific career.

The Melvins career stretches nearly as long, spanning 20 years of some of the heaviest rock and most confusing bassist changes in the history of music. Travelling through the years from Washington to San Francisco to Los Angeles, the Melvins remain one of the most prolific, confounding and engaging hard rock bands of our time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

so ****ing tempting. I just need some moneys now

/me goes to root though couch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭veryslowey

jello biarfa was deadly inblack flag do you reckon theyll do any covers? whoare the melvins they sound rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Oh just ban him.

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Oh just ban him.
    ban yuorself i was hear first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

veryslowey wrote:
    ban yuorself i was hear first

Sorry, I don't speak retardese

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I know very little of DK or The Melvins but I think I'll make the trip anyways.

isn't Biafra sueing the DK's about something?

Well I heard about a court case involving him and the DK's some time ago, I'm not sure about the facts of it or anything though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Not exactly sure either, but it's along the lines of the rest of the band claiming he had nothing to do with any of the writing and getting ownership of all the songs. Now he's sueing them over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Nah they were suing him for not fully paying them all the money from royalties etc.. and not fully promoting the albums on Alternative Tentacles. Then he filed a law suit against them and the legal battle went on from 1993 to 2004. It all got sorted last year. I think the band won in the end.

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Not exactly sure either, but it's along the lines of the rest of the band claiming he had nothing to do with any of the writing and getting ownership of all the songs. Now he's sueing them over it.

your right jello didnt write any of the dead kenndys stuff. he was only the singer and had nothing to do width the band at all mmmmmbbbbbbbhhhh so they sued him

• Advertisement

heheh

Looks like this is cancelled anyway: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=285029

doh!

I also heard a story that Viva Los Vegas was used on American Idol one night :eek:

The DK version? Dead Kennedys covered Viva los Vegas.

Yeah I'm on about the DK's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭u:mack

gig cancelled. refunds at point of purchase

full story on biafra and melvins cancellation:
    Dale Crover of the melvins had to pull out of this trip for family reasons. The band didn't want to pull out of the gigs (dublin + belguim) so they were planning to use a stand in Drummer. On wednesday aug 3 they decided that the songs weren't coming together as quickly as they had hoped, and it was agreed by all involved that cancelling the shows was a better plan than going ahead with them when there was any doubt about the quality of the performance. The Jello Biafra and the Melvins performances together to date have been mind blowingly good, and no one wanted Dublin to get second best....

Biafra and the Melvins will return to Europe next year, and hooking up a Dublin show will be top priority.
    In the meantime, the Melvins are working to scheduele a show in Dublin later this year. Full info soon, fingers crossed.

Advertisement