Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy S3 bent motherboard

Options
  • 14-10-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

So, my galaxy s3 decided to get get caught in the car door. The screen is completely smashed, but my main concern is that its bent, only very slightly, down the middle. The bottom near the home button is the most bent part. So I take it to a repair shop I cork, and he tell me the motherboard is bent, but not broken. (He opened it after not being able to get it started) does anybody no how to fix a bent, but not cracked motherboard? Is it even possible? I appreciate all your replies. Thanks:)

(I had this in the gadgets forum, but couldnt find a way to delete it, could someone please tell me how?)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Jaysis, I'd say it's stuffed being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Daithi MacG

Looking that way...might chance putting it in the car door again, other side down and giving it a wack, bend the motherboard back like ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Take it around a few techy shops and get quotes but it'll probably cost almost as much to get fixed as buying a new phone, if it even can be done.
    I'm an avid diy-er on phones but tbh I wouldn't touch it if the frame is bent, you can never get the screen right (this is of course without seeing the phone).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you do this? I thought they had to see the phone or something? And any idea of the cost and how long I'd have to wait? Thanks.

No It's insurance fraud, not something you want to get caught out at.

Also by letting someone open the phone, you've done away with your warranty, it should have went to a samsung approved repair company who would have charged you about €150 - €200 to fix the phone and keep the warranty intact. It's to late for that now they won't touch it once someone else has opened it.

It's still probably worth something as a trade in maybe €100 as it is, that's about the best your could hope for, there is no point in getting it repaired as nobody will stand over the repair job.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Daithi MacG

The repair cost would be a lot more than €200 seeing as the motherboard alone costs about 300. Might call them later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Apple do an out of warranty replacement for about €200 regardless of the damage. Samsung might do the same.

Advertisement