Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Model scouts

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

coconut5 wrote: »
    Yeah, totally agree. I have to say though, that most Irish women are too small or too broad to be models. A lot of Irish women have quite a strong build - I think it comes from all those years toiling on the potato fields etc. While there are lots of slim women, they generally have slightly broader shoulders or hips, so it's a disaster. I can't think of anyone in my year at school who was tall enough to become a model

Yeah, I agree. There a number of very tall girls in my year, but they still weren't model material, be it because of their built or their face or both. One tried to get into modelling to no avail, and she was very skinny and tall and while pretty, she wasn't striking. Maybe too tall at six foot. Contrary to popular belief, it's not the taller the better. 5'9" to 5'11" is the ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tracy Lee

they have the promo up for tomorrow night on the model scouts facebook page. I'm really excited about it. great to have a double bill and find out who wins. it has to be Tabea. She is just so beautiful and elegant and confident in herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

They got to shoot with Steven meisel!! Wow! He's an incredible photographer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Irish girls in general, while quite tall, are generally quite broad as well (not fat like, just built strong).

The only thing thats a bit worrying about the girls on this show is they are bitterly, bitterly thin. They all look sick and cold constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 CaseyKins

Irish girls in general, while quite tall, are generally quite broad as well (not fat like, just built strong).

The only thing thats a bit worrying about the girls on this show is they are bitterly, bitterly thin. They all look sick and cold constantly.

I agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Same with the girl that won the last series of America's Next Top Model, she was like a baby giraffe. I know they all say it's down to fast metabolism and whatever but bitch please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I just don't remember them being that thin at the beginning. I suppose its the business but still, some people are thin naturally, but they don't look sick. If you're that thin and you look sick with big shadows under your eyes its not fast metabolism its not eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I just don't remember them being that thin at the beginning. I suppose its the business but still, some people are thin naturally, but they don't look sick. If you're that thin and you look sick with big shadows under your eyes its not fast metabolism its not eating.

I noticed that actually, that all the girls had constant dark eye bags!

You could definitley see they all lost weight as the show progressed, some of them were too thin i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Ja$us they'd have to run around the shower to get wet!! Like a pull through for a rifle!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

I agree, but welcome to the world of modelling. :( Even at their present weights, they'll probably still be told to lose more.

When will the second of tonights episodes be up on RTÉ Player? Hope they don't forget about it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

The final was really good. I hope they make a season 2, much better than ANTM or the Irish model show we had last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tracy Lee

totally agree. this was a standout reality show not just on rte but from any channel. credit to the makers and to rte. really hope this is on again next year. well done to all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭liverpool100

Tracy Lee wrote: »
    totally agree. this was a standout reality show not just on rte but from any channel. credit to the makers and to rte. really hope this is on again next year. well done to all involved

Rewatched final programme on Rte Player. Agree excellent show. My heart went out to Ashling when elimianted but saying could not leave family counted against her. Just wanted to give her a hug

The final 3 to me were correct choice and all three are models

Tabea has a nice sense of humour, and ellen seem to get more attractive as programme went on

Advertisement