Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recession my ass..meteor and o2

Options
  • 14-10-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

was in the bridgewater today in arklow..due and upgrade with vodafone (have a iphone4) but very underwhelmed with the new iphone and was out looking for an alternative...
    went into meteor and o2 to look at their wares and liked the samsung note and galaxy s3..was in each shop for at least 20 mins looking through the phones picking them up comparing and stuff...do you think i could get an a assisstant in either...just plain not bothered..in o2 she was too busy getting last nights gossip on her own phone...a guy came in to look at the iphone 5 and was very excited about it and with a little effort from her he easily would have parted with his cash..but no she threw the demo at him and walked away..
    i was going to buy today but i think i'll leave it now...very disappointed in sales staff who have no interest in selling

rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

was in the bridgewater today in arklow..due and upgrade with vodafone (have a iphone4) but very underwhelmed with the new iphone and was out looking for an alternative...
    went into meteor and o2 to look at their wares and liked the samsung note and galaxy s3..was in each shop for at least 20 mins looking through the phones picking them up comparing and stuff...do you think i could get an a assisstant in either...just plain not bothered..in o2 she was too busy getting last nights gossip on her own phone...a guy came in to look at the iphone 5 and was very excited about it and with a little effort from her he easily would have parted with his cash..but no she threw the demo at him and walked away..
    i was going to buy today but i think i'll leave it now...very disappointed in sales staff who have no interest in selling

rant over

No one likes working a Sunday, no one likes working retail on a Sunday , no one likes having to talk about how great a phone they don't have in stock is on a Sunday.

I worked in retail and no one likes it. Especially on a Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Riamfada wrote: »
    No one likes working a Sunday, no one likes working retail on a Sunday , no one likes having to talk about how great a phone they don't have in stock is on a Sunday.

Thats no excuse tbh,I hate working one Saturday a month but I still have to work the same as any other day if not harder with less staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Working on a Sunday is all part of the job in retail or hospitality.

That doesn't excuse poor sales assistance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

And you wonder why your still in a thankless job in a phone shop or similar :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

a guy came in to look at the iphone 5 and was very excited about it and with a little effort from her he easily would have parted with his cash..but no she threw the demo at him and walked away..

In fairness to her anyone wandering into a store hoping to walk out with an iPhone 5 at the moment needs more than a dummy thrown at them.

Here we go again:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

lets not get hung up on stock availability...i wasnt looking for an iphone5..i was going samsung..either note or galaxy s3 but i could have been buying anything as i looked at loads...
    it souldnt be called sales asisstant anymore..sales asisstants ASISST...

oh i didnt realize every phone in the shop was out of stock!!!

and theres plenty of people that would kill to work on a sunday..if people dont like it, get out of that job and free it up for someone who would value it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have to say that that seems to be the norm any time I go into that 02 shop. No matter the day of the week. They Don't often have enough staff on firstly - they could have one sales assistant for the whole shop some days so you could be stood half an hour whilst someone else is dealt with. But yea, don't expect quick service in that particular shop. When they do serve you though they are generally very nice and polite and helpful. You must have got someone on a bad day.

Not so sure about the Meteor one. Only been in there twice. It is quite a small shop so not surprising to see only one staff member, although both times I was in there there were two cos A, it had just opened and B, it was around Christmas.

But perhaps they thought you were just looking. Have you any idea the amount of people who go into phone shops, pick up and fuss about with all the phones and then walk out. It wouldn't have been to hard for you to try and get their attention and intimate you wanted more than to just play with the display bricks

hdowney wrote: »

But perhaps they thought you were just looking. Have you any idea the amount of people who go into phone shops, pick up and fuss about with all the phones and then walk out. It wouldn't have been to hard for you to try and get their attention and intimate you wanted more than to just play with the display bricks

I made it very obvious in fairness I wanted to speak to someone. I even came back to the O2 shop later same thing.
    a simple "can I help you" or "are you alright" does the job
    I shouldn't have to sell the phone to myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Why not? You'll certainly have to do all your after-sales "customer support" work yourself, too, since they're not available to answer the phone or reply to emails, and even if you do miraculously manage to get through to 1905 they won't be able to fix any problems for you.

And you will have problems, believe me... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I made it very obvious in fairness I wanted to speak to someone. I even came back to the O2 shop later same thing.
    a simple "can I help you" or "are you alright" does the job
    I shouldn't have to sell the phone to myself

Fair enough they were having a chat and all so ignorance on their part. Not much of an excuse for that.

I'd be buried with work on a Sunday. Making sure all the faulty stuff goes away, some ones repair phone goes Away and otherr paper work and audits. Sometimes wouldn't have time to go around asking people how's the weather.

Don't forget most shops would have less staff on because contracts are getting longer and people don't don't have as much money to spend so they can't really put in anymore staff.

Oh and then cleaning and reading and replying to 100s of emails daily in between

Advertisement