Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking at 2 tablets both 10''

• 29-09-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

looking at 2 tablets, both 10.1 screens, one is old model and other is new
    looking at toshibia at300 16gb tab which had new terga 3 quad core cpu and gorllia glass , and second is zoom 1 32 gb , older terga dual core cpu
    of course the zoom is cheaper maybe by 80-90 euros
    i pick these 2 because they suit me and what they offer
    i look at sansung and acer and asus but cost more and have to watch the budget as most do these days .
    any thoughts on these two i picked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

A link would be a huge help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Wasnt being smart there im actually in the same boat myself looking for a cheap 10 inch tablet for college.

By all accounts the ipad cant be beaten. Ive come to that conclusion by asking a few people and seeing people selling other tablets.

Ive even seen people holding ipads to take pictures of the tablet they are selling :)

I think im just gonna save for an iPad.

i looked at ipad , cheapest is on apple sore itself as else where its more
    the ipad 2 16gb is 399 free delivery, problem for me is with work and home and connection with friends ass far as sharing goes like media and files everyone i know have android , so have to look at android , looking at toshibia at300 tab as can get new for 369 euros with terga 3 cpu and gorilla glass screen like ipad,

Ah i see. It has to be Android.

If you can afford the toshiba go for it.

A dual core is fairly slow and frustrating on ICS or Jellybean. tablets get boring eventually. Even the fanboys over on the apple forum will admit they rarely use thir ipad when they have a laptop.

German but a good preview of the toshiba. Looks decent.

edit -

have you taken a look at the nexus 7? Would a 7 inch tablet do?

• Advertisement

looked at Samsung tab etc
    i looked at price and keeping on a budget
    the options of being able to add micro sd or sd storage, the latest cpu , etc
    i know Toshiba has its down side as volume isnt great but battery is ok , maybe not as good as ipad asus and Samsung but these are highly priced, i was tempted by few others
    i looked at the acer a510 tab, its a very nice tab too , good reviews
    it was down to acer a510 tab and toshibia at300 tab by reviews, youtube reviews but i looked mostly at peoples feedback who bought these and that why i picked these
    i can get zoom 1 32 version , i know its old but i think its better in sense as it offers better options then new zoom 2 ,as far as micro-sd

you know what looks very promising is the amazon kindle 8.9 hd tab
    not out till late November,
    can't pre-order it here as have tried , good good reviews on gadget shows

This is a good option i think

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OT6XU/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

Dual core but performs well.

Media999 wrote: »
    This is a good option i think

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OT6XU/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

Dual core but performs well.

only thing put me off the samsung 10.1 tab is no option like micro-sd or sd card
    think the samsung 8'9 has i think but priced very high
    if i got a samsung 8'9 tab at good price. i buy it if it has sd slot or micro-sd
    saw a few on adverts but nutty prices for used ones same as for used ipads

Ah right. That toshiba seems a good deal so.

quad core on the cheap would be nice.

• Advertisement

the only cons with the toshibia at300 tab is sound volume is not as good as samsung, acer, asus and ipad
    that seems only knock
    cameras on most android tabs are poor in general , smart phones have better cameras
    another thing i like with toshibia is its full native android as some other brands but in ther own tweeks and software more which sometimes can be a hold back
    also i was looking for a tab that cam play mkv and avi without problems but would have to get a better media player on google play
    i seem both ipad 2 and toshibia and acer a510 and all look good , samsung had great colour from its screen
    but price at 369 euros and latest cpu and plenty of options in sd and hdmi gives it a little advantage
    battery is better on acer a510 as on ipad 2
    if i could order a amazon kindle 8' 9 hd , i order it no problem but can't order on amazon , if living in ireland lol

its a pity ipad 2 prices didnt come down as ipad 3 is out but apple dont like its prices dropped it seems for any reason,

Another thing is resale value. iPad resale value is stubbornly high which is good if you have one but not if youre looking for one.

Thats why im gonna save as i know ill resell it next year for probably 100 less than i paid for it.

do you have a iphone ?

yeah a 4S why?

have an S3 aswell which is far superior.

then ipad suit you , as you use itunes to do transfers etc , with me , i have a Samsung galaxy s3 so ipad be no good too me , shouldn't do the sharing thing with Samsung easy with a ipad unless using itunes , a bit long winded way to do things
    i also looked at window based tabs, a cer w500 ok but sluggish

did you check out laptopsdirect.ie for a ipad, i see some good deals there , even better refurbished

Mine will be for college so 100% for reading notes off. Retina screen seems to be the best for this.

414 isnt bad considering youll sell it for 300 easily in a years time. As ive said already its hard to keep an interest in Tablets unless you genuinely need it for college or something.

If i had the money id get the Note 10.1 with Spen. That would be excellent in college but expensive.

what are you looking at, ipad 16gb or ipad 32, the ipad 2 16gb is 399 in apple.ie

Jesus thats even better

i was looking at

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Apple_IPad_2_WI-FI_16GB__MC769B-A/version.asp

400 isnt that bad at all.

• Advertisement

how about 310 on apple.ie store and free delivery

http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/ipad2

410 euros for wifi and 3 g ipad 2 16gb model on apple.ie free delivery , that a good price

how about 310 on apple.ie store and free delivery

http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/ipad2

Wheres the 310?

sorry
    399 euros with free delivery
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad

was 310 in usa apple store , i tryed to see if i could get for that price but when i tryed to buy , wouldnt let me for that price ,, put me onto Ireland apple store

Tough choice. Looks like ill wait and save. Just bought a laptop so broke for a good while.

cheers for the info.

cheapest for ipad 2 16 gb so far i see is from apple online shop in ireland and free delivery under 400 euros,

did you check ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Google the Ramos w30 looks like a much better specced tablet than the Toshiba. I got a cube u30gt in June the IPS version it was 200 euros has jelly bean and benchmarks are very close to the tegra 3 in some cases better

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Google the Ramos w30 looks like a much better specced tablet than the Toshiba. I got a cube u30gt in June the IPS version it was 200 euros has jelly bean and benchmarks are very close to the tegra 3 in some cases better

looks ok
    also looking at acer a510 with same cpu as Toshiba
    can get acer for 355 euros
    also looked at samsung tab 1 10.1 with 16 gb which has older cpu , can a refurbished one for 270 euros

heres a youtube link showing the difference between the toshibia at300 also know as toshibia 10 and acer a510 tab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2kBgWR_Es&list=PL2A44991BF065F46B&index=4&feature=plpp_video

• Advertisement
Advertisement