Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to log on to Internet when away?

Options
  • 30-09-2012 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi bought a HP pavilion dm1 last week. If I'm away,on the train or in a hotel or cafe,how to do I log on? with a different laptop a few months ago I couldn't. I'd appreciate advice!

Danke

F

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It depends if the train/hotel/cafe etc has wifi access or not.

Typically all you have to do, if click on the wireless icon in the bottom right of the screen(beside the clock), click on the wifi and you should be away if it is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TechFixIT

Use free wifi access where available or purchase a 3G usb dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

or if you have a smartphone...you may be able to use tethering ... which shares the smartphone's 3g connection with laptop to use the internet. might cost depending on the network

Advertisement