Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic match v Legia

Options
  • 08-08-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

I had Celtic to win and also Celtic to win 2-0 and 3-0

The UEFA statement said: "Legia have been sanctioned for fielding an ineligible player (article 18 of the UEFA Champions League regulations and article 21 of the Disciplinary Regulations). The match has been declared as forfeit meaning Legia Warszawa have lost the match 3-0.

Should betting on this match be void? I dont really expect to get paid out on a 3-0 but am wondering if anyone has experience of this before. This was on Bet365

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭freethearmy

bet should be void...contact bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ladbrokes are paying out, thats all as far i know.

I contacted PP and in their T & C's winnings are paid out on the immediate result rather than any amendment to a result at a later date so they dont have to. I imagine all bookies have this in their T&C's. If a bookie pays it is purely for PR purposes rather than anything else. They dont have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Golfnut77

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I had Celtic to win and also Celtic to win 2-0 and 3-0

The UEFA statement said: "Legia have been sanctioned for fielding an ineligible player (article 18 of the UEFA Champions League regulations and article 21 of the Disciplinary Regulations). The match has been declared as forfeit meaning Legia Warszawa have lost the match 3-0.

Should betting on this match be void? I dont really expect to get paid out on a 3-0 but am wondering if anyone has experience of this before. This was on Bet365

I'm pretty sure PP are paying out on Celtic to go through only. Depends on the bookie, if they have nothing in their T&Cs about a forfeit then you could argue your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

You should be as embarrassed as Celtic at trying to get something out of this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

DB74 wrote: »
    You should be as embarrassed as Celtic at trying to get something out of this game

A shocking decision by UEFA!
    A fine would have been the correct decision upon LW but this decision puts Celtic
    in a really bad position & I would like to see them withdraw from the comp'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

It's better in his pocket than the bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Why embarrassed? Silly post.

Crawling back to a bookmaker in an attempt to get paid on a technicality when you were so wrong is an embarrassment, no matter what way you want to look at it.

FFS - grow a pair of balls, accept you called it wrong and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Crawling back to a bookmaker in an attempt to get paid on a technicality when you were so wrong is an embarrassment, no matter what way you want to look at it.

For all you know the OP but €500 on it. Technically Celtic got through on a 3-0 win so why wouldn't he want his money back? I'd rather 'embarrassingly' get €500 back rather than lose €500. You're posts are unnecessary and quite frankly unwanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya better off to leave the cash with the bookies:rolleyes: If ya can get it from them take it, the amount of times the punters have been in hard luck like when horses are under orders and then dont even get a run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

So if you backed Celtic to qualify, you just throw your docket in the dustbin?
    Get a grip.

Look at the end of the day, a bet is not a legally binding contract. It is a gentleman's agreement between the parties. And if you're not prepared to act like a gentleman or have some level of integrity in your dealings then what's the point.

And before people start going off on one about how bookies are only out to screw you, well I'm sure we've all been on the end of a bet where we got screwed and equally I'm sure plenty have stories where the bookie went out of their way to help. I mean on some occasions I've had bets changed no problem where either I've forgotten to press the each-way option or clicked on the wrong selection and the bookmaker (both high-street & online) have been very helpful and sorted it out for me, even though they don't have to do so. Equally I've had a few occasions where the bookmaker hasn't been helpful and has stuck to the letter of their rules.

And in this scenario, personally I think it's a bit cheeky to have gotten a bet so wrong yet still have the temerity to attempt to get paid (or refunded) due to a technicality well after the fact

And if one losing bet makes such a huge difference to your bankroll then really you shouldn't be betting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

First off i never mentioned anything about the bet affecting bankroll or the size of it, that's completely regardless of the point.
    Something happened which affected the outcome of the game. Some bookies have different rules on this, some pay out as 'PR' etc.

Your comments are ridiculous.

Advertisement