Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIMPLE LITE CMS HELP

Options
  • 11-12-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have very limited it skills and am attempting to put together a basic social network site and am struggling.
    If I do manage to find a simple open source lite option to install will I endanger further development of the network if my concept receives backing from potential investors.
    The reason i ask is that i am meeting a potential investor at Christmas and I would really like to trial the site in order to maximise my chances of success. I do not however want to jeopordise future development
    Apologees for the waffle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

You could try joomla with jomsocial - it's best if you know at least some html, css and php but even if you don't you'll find a lot of help online.

Download a testing server to your local machine - like easyphp if it's a pc or xampp if it's a mac - then install a copy of joomla on server. Don't be worried if that sounds more complicated than what you're after - just read up on it and give a whirl.

Advertisement