Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fastest broadband upc or eircom

Options
  • 24-02-2015 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

just to settle a technical argument, which is faster into a home, coaxial (upc) or fibrepowered double pairs copper into a home (eircom), i know 240mb upc is suggested but i am only getting half that, anyone?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

chris1970 wrote: »
    just to settle a technical argument, which is faster into a home, coaxial (upc) or fibrepowered double pairs copper into a home (eircom), i know 240mb upc is suggested but i am only getting half that, anyone?

You should be able to get 240mb wired. Are you testing over WiFi?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

chris1970 wrote: »

Follow my guide here to get most out of your UPC service:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057367191

And yes, UPC is much faster then Eircom.

Advertisement